PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler to the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Pioli would trade the QB McDaniels is comfortable with to him as they're in the same division.

I said I doubted the trade would happen, but it's not impossible, depending on how badly McDaniels wanted Cutler and how much Cassel would prefer Denver or KC.

There were rumors that Denver was willing to trade #12 for Cassel. If that's true and Denver were to offer KC the #12 pick for Cassel, I think there's a good chance KC would jump at it. Particularly if Cassel made it clear he would rather go to Denver. Cassel is not signed to a long-term contract, and that still gives him some leverage. If he made it openly clear that he wanted to be reunited with McDaniels then he would be a FA after 2009, and KC would have to franchise him again to keep him. In that scenario, the #12 or #18 pick would be nice value. Even if Denver traded #12 they would still have Cassel plus #18, 48 and two 3rd round picks, plus two 2010 1st rounders.

Denver may use one pick on Raji, and may also take a LB we wanted. They may not draft a QB given that they have Simms and Orton on the roster.

For us, this means that both Sanchez and Freeman will almost surely be gone before we pick at 23.
Zinnnnngggg! Right over mayo's head and into the lighthouse. :p

The Jets must be choked that the bears got cutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News