Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle of the #83

Cedric Jones
Michael Timpson
Will Moore
Dietrich Jells
Deion Branch

I've always thought Dietrich Jells was ready to break out, maybe this is the year.

Branch would be an interesting matchup. As a coach, you'd be crazy to double team him, but he eat a lot of guys for lunch on a single team. He would do better than Moss against a cornerback like Revis or V Davis because he's quick and not as reliant on the deep post route. Of course, he'd be a huge step down from Moss overall, but he'd definitely soften the blow of this loss.

The Deion Branch of 2004 does not exist anymore. He's not shift. Hes not quick, and he doesn't "eat guys for lunch on a single team".

Seattle's WRs were terrible last year, and Brach couldn't get on the field very often because they were better than him.

Brach was a very good player at one point, but hes not anymore.

Branch is a worse version of pretty much every receiver on the team right now. He's terrible. His injuries have pretty much sapped all the speed and quickness he had. He's a shell of his former self.

He's not worth having on the roster, let alone giving up picks for.
I guess possibly because TB would like him back. If its true that Brady brought Branches name up. I think i would want to make my franchize QB with the new four year contract happy. If Branch can't play any longer at least BB could say he tried.....Just a thought

Last edited:
What number would Branch wear? ;)

And I think Branch might not be the player he was, but having Brady throw him the ball might make a huge difference!

He wouldn't need to be the same, but he'd start at one outside spot with Tate at the other and Welker in the slot. With the 2 TE that would be more than enough offense. Right now we don't have a competent WR for Moss' spot unless you think Edelman is or that Hernandez could play that spot. Branch would add experience and competence to get through the season.

Are they looking at any other lying, traitorous scum, by the way?

What number would Branch wear? ;)

And I think Branch might not be the player he was, but having Brady throw him the ball might make a huge difference!

Are they allowed 3 digits? I think 666 would be appropriate.;)

If Branch comes, he doesn't have to be a #1 receiver because it appears we are going back to the #1 receiver being the open guy. Besides, Tate and Hernandez can stretch the field.

So after 4 games Tate and Hernandez can stretch the field. :eek: So Moss was never needed. Come back after the season and see how they did on WR.

I think the stumbling block here is the compensation.

If your the Pats it would seem to have to be significantly less then the 3 you recieved for Moss. (5th, 6th, or 7th)

If your the seahawks why do you give away a player who has been producing this year for nothing. (is a 5th,6th, or 7th enough)

I think it would be nice to add depth to the position but I like the trio of Welker, Tate, and Edelman. With Price still learning and being the key back up. I would say Welker, Tate, and Edelman compare to Brown, Branch, and Givens but if you want to give a nod to the old school you have to give the nod to the new school TEs.

I disagree..... That three is just a freebie, that they really don't need (or can realistically handle - we can't possibly carry 8 picks into the first 4 rounds next year).

The third just represents a poker chip received for unloading a guy that they had NO CHOICE but to deal, given his recent behavior. They could easily use it to pick up Branch. It's overpaying but it nullifies the loss of Moss somewhat.

It effectively trade a supremely talented, but petulant WR that could have easily become a locker-room, team killer this season, with a aging guy that is familiar with our system, flourishes under TB, will not be nearly the same headache and is likely to sooth TB if he is at all pissed about the whole Moss thing.

Not exactly a "value" series of trades but it certainly does solve some immediate issues that have distracted this team.

Are they looking at any other lying, traitorous scum, by the way?
I'd forgotten how much i Hated this guy for what he did, but its all starting to come back. The only way i can be good with this is it sounds like TB wants him back.

Last edited:
I've always thought Dietrich Jells was ready to break out, maybe this is the year.

I distinctly remember Parcells' press conference when he alerted the press to the signing of Dietrich Jells. Parcells called him "Derrick Jells" throughout the entire presser. Jells was a monster at Pittsburgh in college, and I honestly thought he'd be a good complement to Brisby, etc...wow, was I wrong!!!!! LOL!!!!

The third just represents a poker chip received for unloading a guy that they had NO CHOICE but to deal, given his recent behavior. They could easily use it to pick up Branch. It's overpaying but it nullifies the loss of Moss somewhat.

Trading the 3rd for Branch no more nullifies the loss of Moss than pulling Darnell Jenkins up from the practice squad. Branch isn't a good WR anymore. He's not worth a 5th, let alone a 3rd. He's the sort of guy you pick up before the season and see if he sticks, but you don't pay anything for him. Like David Patten.

Branch is a worse version of pretty much every receiver on the team right now. He's terrible. His injuries have pretty much sapped all the speed and quickness he had. He's a shell of his former self.

He's not worth having on the roster, let alone giving up picks for.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald Hayes sighting at TF Green Airport in Rhode Island.

Not ...............................

Last edited:
I disagree..... That three is just a freebie, that they really don't need (or can realistically handle - we can't possibly carry 8 picks into the first 4 rounds next year).

Boy I'm glad you're not the GM. A 3rd is a valuable commodity to use to either trade one of our 1sts or 2nd UP for a top pick or to trade forward for a 2nd in 2012.

Can Belichick protest to get Plaxico Burress out of Jail early or maybe with one of those Monopoly chance cards?

If Branch comes, he doesn't have to be a #1 receiver because it appears we are going back to the #1 receiver being the open guy. Besides, Tate and Hernandez can stretch the field.

So after 4 games Tate and Hernandez can stretch the field. :eek: So Moss was never needed. Come back after the season and see how they did on WR.

A Jets fan....because Giants is a word too big to be spelled.

How many "bomb" style completions to the Pats have this year? What's more likely, Moss double covered or Tate single covered?

There is a difference between threat and game planning and calling plays. If someone is a threat, a defense has to respect it. Can Tate stretch the field? My guess is the staff believes it to be true.

Branch? He's good but he's always hurt. The guy hasn't played a complete season since 2005.

I would much rather have Jabar Gaffney back, he is the most underrated receiver the Pats ever had. Good hands, solid guy, dependable and plays every game.

I miss him.

Any fan that knows anything about anything should miss nabar, bit he's the only vet in that Denver wr crops, no way they let him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes