PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CURRAN BLASTS NFL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have to give Tom Curran credit. He just socked it to the NFL..

Curran: Sorry, NFL; the Patriots just keep on winning

"What happened Sunday night in the desert is just the kind of thing that might put Roger Goodell in the mood to shove an underling. ( <---Link)

All that time spent investigating the Patriots, contriving evidence, letting incendiary and incorrect leaks fester, fighting and spending to make Tom Brady’s suspension stick in court, getting exposed as a double-talking, misdirecting henchman for the NFL owners that wanted to bring the Patriots to heel.

And after all that, what winds up being the payoff for Goodell in the marquee game of the weekend?

The Patriots beat the Cardinals, 23-21, without Brady and currently own a one-game lead over everybody else in the AFC East."

I said it in my game review thread, the funny thing is that after all of this the Pats could be in a better situation than they would have been if they didn't suspend Brady. The Pats may get a king's ransom for Garoppolo after the season. Far more than if they tried to trade him after the season if he never started a game and far more than they lost in terms of draft picks.

I said it in my game review thread, the funny thing is that after all of this the Pats could be in a better situation than they would have been if they didn't suspend Brady. The Pats may get a king's ransom for Garoppolo after the season. Far more than if they tried to trade him after the season if he never started a game and far more than they lost in terms of draft picks.
Yeah, we'll have to see how the next three games play out but Goodell may well have been better off rescinding the suspension after getting his win in court. Three games to tell us. If JG plays well he pumps up his trade value or, if kept, gives the Patriots a more experienced, confident backup the rest of this season and next.

I'm also glad the whole Chandler Jones story line is going to fade away. He had a good game, but a lot of the reason for that is our O-line challenges. Adding him simply hasn't turned the Cards into a juggernaut.

Predicting Garoppolo's Next Contract After Week 1

suggests he's in line for a Brock Ostweiler kind of payday.

I have to give Tom Curran credit. He just socked it to the NFL..

Curran: Sorry, NFL; the Patriots just keep on winning

"What happened Sunday night in the desert is just the kind of thing that might put Roger Goodell in the mood to shove an underling. ( <---Link)

All that time spent investigating the Patriots, contriving evidence, letting incendiary and incorrect leaks fester, fighting and spending to make Tom Brady’s suspension stick in court, getting exposed as a double-talking, misdirecting henchman for the NFL owners that wanted to bring the Patriots to heel.

And after all that, what winds up being the payoff for Goodell in the marquee game of the weekend?

The Patriots beat the Cardinals, 23-21, without Brady and currently own a one-game lead over everybody else in the AFC East."

And if Jimmy turns out to be the real deal, another 15 years of dominance when they could have traded him for a 4th rounder otherwise.

F Goodell.

The ultimate slap would be for the Pats to have an undefeated season on their way to winning the SB......

Chances of that happening are slim, but it's nice to dream :D

Today is a Great Day. We won, were in first place, but best of all is thinking how angry that dofus goodell must be. all that time, work, lying, and money spent to take down the pats ....wasted. Well you deserve is Rog, Oh and Rog heres a piece of advice......GFU, you POS.

Its time to sit back and bask in the after glow of this win. Hmm, i need a cigarette

Last edited:
Today is a Great Day. We won, were in first place, but best of all is thinking how angry that dofus goodell must be. all that time work and money spent to take down the pats wasted. Well you deserve is Rog, oh and rog GFU, you pos.

I didn't watch any of the earlier games. I am struggling with how much to watch as I consider whether to give up on the NFL* entirely, but last night went a long ways towards keeping me engaged, since my viewing has the primary goals of enjoying the Pats continued dominance, and enjoying the displeasure that the Omissioner must feel as he sees his efforts to bring the Pats back to the pack, continuing to fail.

I was not expecting the Pats to win, I was happy overall with their play under the circumstances, but getting the "W" was yuuuuuge!

We had discussed what we could expect in the first four games. And I think the consensus was 3-1 or 2-2.

With a win in the least winnable game, on paper, it is not outlandish to look at 4-0 as a real possibility.

If that occurs we are looking at a potential bonanza of compensation if we trade Jimmy, a pissed off Omissioner, and upset fans of other teams and haters.

All richly deserved for the travesty of Defamegate that we Pats fans were forced to endure.

Last edited:
I was not expecting the Pats to win, I was happy overall with their play under the circumstances, but getting the "W" was yuuuuuge!

We had discussed what we could expect in the first four games. And I think the consensus was 3-1 or 2-2.

With a win in the least winnable gsme, on paper, it is not outlandish to look at 4-0 as a real possibility.

If that occurs we are looking at a potential bonanza of compensation if we trade Jimmy, a pissed off Omissioner, and upset fans of other teams and haters.

All richly deserved for the travesty of Defamegate that we Pats fans were forced to endure.
i didn't think they'd win this game either, so its that much sweeterthat they did. And i forgot about the fans and haters, that should have been on my list. Pissing they off makes it so much more fun.

All they do is win — and annoy: Bill Belichick and Patriots don’t miss a beat without Tom Brady
All they do is win — and annoy: Same old Belichick and Pats

Last edited:
I'm also glad the whole Chandler Jones story line is going to fade away. He had a good game, but a lot of the reason for that is our O-line challenges. Adding him simply hasn't turned the Cards into a juggernaut.

Predicting Garoppolo's Next Contract After Week 1

suggests he's in line for a Brock Ostweiler kind of payday.
Jones was being blocked by Bennett on several passing plays in the 2nd half. I loved the one where MB threw him down once (on the holding call) and jumped on him to give him a few smacks. Chandler probably had flashbacks from fooling around with brother Bones.

****dell is starting to remind me of Inspector Dreyfus from the Pink Panther...
0000223050_6701.jpg

I'm hoping that Chandler has a good season for them, encouraging others to make deals when BB is in a selling mood.

Did he though?

Recovered a fumble that fell right to him. . Didn't have a sack until halfway through the 4th quarter and had maybe 1-2 pressures.

Typical Chandler Jones game.

I see what you are saying, but these days, one sack a game and a few pressures will get you PAID.

Our success has nothing to do with cheating and everything to do with accountability & hard work. The league and jealous owners just don't want to put in the hard work that is required to be successful.

Did he though?

Recovered a fumble that fell right to him. . Didn't have a sack until halfway through the 4th quarter and had maybe 1-2 pressures.

Typical Chandler Jones game.
I don't get the disdain for Jones. He looked to me like the best pass rusher on one of very best defensive units in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back