PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Csonka - The Next '72 Fish Looking for the Lost Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
72 Fins -- 14-0 in regular season; 0-0 against the 7 other playoff teams.

07 Pats -- 14-0 so far; 5-0 against sure or very likely playoff teams with one more to go.

Obviously the Pats benefitted greatly from that 8 minutes of confiscated videotape.

Including one team that was 5-0 at the time of the game, and another that was 7-0 at the time of their game.

...........did we mention that both of those games were ON THE ROAD??????

'72 Dolphins pale in comparison.

The 72 Fins guys are so petty.

They should take a lesson from the 76 Bucs players on Inside the NFL this past week who said they were pulling for the Fins to not lose out, even though it would take the 76 Bucs out of the basement.

I know it's not the same, but is it too much to at least pretend you have a little grace?

They could be a bit defensive also because whenever a list of best NFL teams comes out, the 72 Fins are lucky to crack the top 5.

Are you so sure that Csonka wasn't being tongue in cheek? I can see how it would be said, "Yeah, back in my day, we just had the rules changed for our benefit." With a wink and a nudge.

Asked whether he felt that the Patriots hurt their legacy with the "Spygate" controversy, Csonka said: "You don't think it did them any good? I played for Shoes [Shula], and when he didn't like the way the rules were set up or things were going, he went to the NFL and got on the rules committee and changed them to his benefit. That's the way we worked. We played by the rules."

Wow!

Csonka just admitted that the reason to be on the competition committee is to get the rules changed for your benefit.

Of course we all know this already, but it's interesting to hear this moron actually say it. Wonder if any of the talking heads will point out the hypocrisy here.

Those are some big words for a kicker.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.pregame17dec17,0,1826053.story

Don't expect Larry Csonka to be among the well-wishers.

Asked whether he felt that the Patriots hurt their legacy with the "Spygate" controversy, Csonka said: "You don't think it did them any good? I played for Shoes [Shula], and when he didn't like the way the rules were set up or things were going, he went to the NFL and got on the rules committee and changed them to his benefit. That's the way we worked. We played by the rules."

Sounds like an Indianapolis Colt, to me. Pretty stupid. He just said that his team changed the rules to their benefit.

Oh so changing the rules because you have are in a position of power to benefit your team rather then your competitor is ok? Give me a break.

What is Shula the model for the Colts.

And as far as breaking the rules go look into how Shula became the coach of the Dolphins in the first place. He had to break the rules in order to become the Dolphins head coach as he was under contract to Baltimore when he Negotiated a contract to coach the Dolphins. What a bunch of hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back