PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable, C. Taylor to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that he didnt pan out as they had hoped this year, and will give him one more final year to show what hes got....

i highly doubt he has an injury that is "season ending" just like last year....on that matter, same with taylor, who will be our BJGE next year (since fred wont be with us any longer)

Fred will be here for 2 years im sure.

of course it all depends on production, but id lean heavily towards him here for 2 years.

Future HOFer Fred Taylor is one the team and is signed through 2010. Chris Taylor, rookie scrub, was injured and is on the IR.

Fred will be here for 2 years im sure.

of course it all depends on production, but id lean heavily towards him here for 2 years.

Should've just cut Crable.

When we drafted Crable I at least expected him to play a down in his NFL career. I'm disappointed to say the least.

Yes, yes I do.

No, no they don't.

Especially when the guy plays the thinnest position on the team.

Especially two years in a row.

Why would he go along with it? He would demand to get cut so he could play for someone else. The only way he would go along with it is if he was so bad he knew this was his only chance to stay in the NFL. In that case, why would the Patriots even want to keep him in their organization?

Why is everyone so upset? We get to keep a player that wasn't going to play anyway with two years to read the playbook, (which should be a lot different on defense anyway) and see what we have next year after trying out De/O?B variations with Bug, TBC, Woods and maybe Nincovich.

If anyone should be upset, it's the league/Crable. Just put him in the stash.

The IR and PUP rules are stupid anyway. In a few years everyone will be playing third stringers in the playoffs, while guys injured in pre season are recovered and unavailable.

I think Crables carrer is over. Very few players come back after missing two years, especially there First Two years. I thought he was a player last year at this time.

Last edited:
No, no they don't.

Especially when the guy plays the thinnest position on the team.

Especially two years in a row.

Why would he go along with it? He would demand to get cut so he could play for someone else. The only way he would go along with it is if he was so bad he knew this was his only chance to stay in the NFL. In that case, why would the Patriots even want to keep him in their organization?

They think he has potential, but he hasn't been on the field enough to contribute. They don't want to cut him, so they "redshirt" him. It's a pretty simple concept.

Please list all the patriot 1st and 2nd year players who have been put on IR and then became significant contributers to the team.

Ben Watson springs immediately to mind.

Stephen Neal also.

BS, stop invoking the name of the dead to make a point........ People have EVERY RIGHT to vent (but not personally attack) the disappointment that is..... CRABLE.

Really poor taste to bring up Hill. :banned:
No, I'll stand by it.

I've opposed this sort of crap for years. But a lot of people just came around to realizing what was wrong with it in the case of Hill.

James Harrison spent a couple years on and off the practice squad, riding the bench, different teams, Europe, etc.. Not everyone can just be thrown into the game. Since we haven't really seen Crable much, there's no way to know how good he is. But if BB is willing to keep him on the team even though he's going straight to IR again, I think he deserves another chance.

The guy is probably incredibly frustrated too, let's hope he can use that as a drive to become an absolute beast.

James Harrison spent a couple years on and off the practice squad, riding the bench, different teams, Europe, etc.. Not everyone can just be thrown into the game. Since we haven't really seen Crable much, there's no way to know how good he is. But if BB is willing to keep him on the team even though he's going straight to IR again, I think he deserves another chance.

The guy is probably incredibly frustrated too, let's hope he can use that as a drive to become an absolute beast.

I hope so too.

They think he has potential, but he hasn't been on the field enough to contribute. They don't want to cut him, so they "redshirt" him. It's a pretty simple concept.
I agree they must be seeing something to beven bother IR ing him 2 years in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News