PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys to wear blue road uniforms on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breer says its because BB is a veteran of the NFC East and kniws the Cowboys dont like wearing blue

I don't know if this still holds true but the Pats were superstitious about wearing their road Blue unis they thought it brought them luck. Thats why you use to see them wearing road colors at home. Some team, (don't remember who) did the same thing to the pats a few years ago. The Pats were on the road and expected to wear they're Lucky Blue unis but the home team wore they're road colors and so the Pats had to wear White

What do you mean road blue unis like the blue pants...? Or do you mean the home team wore their home colors?

I don't know if this still holds true but the Pats were superstitious about wearing their road Blue unis they thought it brought them luck. Thats why you use to see them wearing road colors at home. Some team, (don't remember who) did the same thing to the pats a few years ago. The Pats were on the road and expected to wear they're Lucky Blue unis but the home team wore they're road colors and so the Pats had to wear White

I think that according to NFL tradition, the dark jerseys are considered the "home" jerseys and the white jersey is the "road" jersey. Except for a few teams like the cowboys and the Redskins who like to wear their whites at home.

BostonHerald.com » Rap Sheet » So… why did the Patriots make the Cowboys wear those ugly blue jerseys?

I talked to Patriots spokesman Stacey James about this yesterday, and it seems the issue had more to do with finding the right times for the team to wear all its uniforms this season at home — the regular blue, the throwback red, the visiting white.

Of course, I like the thought that pink from breast cancer awareness goes much better with white than it does with red… but no one asks me these things. Anyway, as James explained, the team goes over all these issues in the offseason. Teams can wear alternative jerseys at home twice, though if they appeal, it can be once on the road, once at home.

Last year, the throwbacks were on Thanksgiving (road) and Halloween (home). Except the TVs don’t love the throwbacks (teams aren’t allowed to wear them in primetime), I assume because the casual fan is confused by them. So, the plan became, wear blue nine times (including preseason) at home and one alternate.

And finally, someone said, let’s show all three jerseys at home instead of the second throwback. Done. But when? Not the home opener, so the Chargers game was out.They wanted to wear old-school gear for an old rival like the Jets. So, the answer for the whites became the Dallas game.

blue-jerseys.JPG

So I assume we aren't seeing the throwbacks again this season?

Can't wear throwbacks on prime time? Pittsburgh wear the yellow helmet jerseys on SNF on quite a regular basis.

I don't think that the uni color matters. I thought so last week but was proven wrong.

What does matter is if Romo comes into the game toally healthy and can play his usual healthy game, the Patriots should win big.

But if Romo breaks a rib in the first quarter and it punctures his lung, spleen, and long intestines, then the Patriots are in trouble.

What do you mean road blue unis like the blue pants...? Or do you mean the home team wore their home colors?
I guess their road blue uniforms. i read this three or four years ago, i don't know if they still feel wearing them brings them luck. But they would wear their road uni's at home, the visiting team wore white.

Last edited:
The Boston Herald piece quoted above is a brilliant distraction from the simple truth that the 'Boys don't like their blue jerseys, and BB knows it. Why didn't the Herald reporter ask James if it's just a coincidence then, that the last time the 'boys visited the razor in 2003, the Pats made the visitors wear the their blue jerseys.

Last edited:
I think that according to NFL tradition, the dark jerseys are considered the "home" jerseys and the white jersey is the "road" jersey. Except for a few teams like the cowboys and the Redskins who like to wear their whites at home.
I just looked this up and your right. I read (probably in the Herald or the Globe) that the pats like to wear their "dark" uniforms. That was a long time ago, so maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

So I assume we aren't seeing the throwbacks again this season?
That's the way it reads to me (condolences to our Pats fan in Italy). It's saying teams can wear alternative uniforms twice; once was against the Jets, and the other time will be against the Cowboys.

The Boston Herald piece quoted above is a brilliant distraction from the simple truth that the 'Boys don't like their blue jerseys, and BB knows it. Why didn't the Herald reporter ask James if it's just a coincidence then, that the last time the 'boys visited the razor in 2003, the Pats made the visitors wear the their blue jerseys.
In Rapoport's defense it does appear as though he did ask Stacy James that, and James deflected by not answering the question directly and giving that other explanation. However, he should have followed up by pointing out that although this would be the first opportunity to wear the white uniforms, there would still be three other games (week 9 vs Giants, week 16 vs Miami and week 17 vs Buffalo) that they could do so (i.e., a home game that is not a night game).

Bottom line is that it is hard to believe this (forcing Dallas to wear blue "cursed" uniforms) is just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back