PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

could we be setting up for a big trade on draft day

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
is everything we're doing setting up for a big trade up high into the draft?

its a possibility
with all our draft picks
maybe we'd be willing to give up a future draft pick too, considering next yrs draft isnt supposed to be that good

personally, i dont think this will happen, but its a possibility

who would it be for?
aj hawk
michael huff
dbrick ferguson
mario williams
vernon davis

I would never expect, or not expect, anything with the Patriots. With the rumors of Graham possibly being dealt, getting high enough to get Vernon Davis is at least interesting. With Belichick's love of TE, having Watson and Davis locked up for 4 years (that's what Watson has left) would have to leave Belichick drooling.

What are the rumors regarding Graham being dealt?

Last edited:
bevster said:
What are the rumors regarding Graham being dealt?
It was a few weeks ago, there was something on the (admittedly questionable) Patriots' scout website that said they were making inquiries about dealing him. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

Thank you.

patsfan55 said:

Hmmm - interesting idea.

This might be a good year to move up into the top 10 as well, since so many QBs are going to be taken there, pushing other top tier candidates lower

But it would take a lot of ammunition in terms of draft picks for us to make that move as well. And historically we get better value from our Teen - Twenty picks anyways - in terms of quality players and affordable contracts.

I'm not sure if a player would be involved but if one is thinking of packaging picks, here's a helpful website to help undertand the value assigned to each pick, and what package the Patriots might be capable of putting together

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm

If it had come from any other site than Scout.Com, it might have some credibility. Those guys over there are hacks. And I've felt that way ever since they did the Article in ESPN the Magazine on how to beat the Patriots, yet they focused on 2 formations that the Patriots use very infrequently. They focused on what to do when the Patriots were in the 4-3 and when the Patriots ran the 4 wide set.

Not Davis, although I'm sure Belichick would love to have him, but really, he's just Ben Watson a couple years younger. And Watson is signed long term.

I have a suspicion that Belichick drools about the thought of AJ Hawk in a Pats uni, but I don't think we can get high enough to grab him, or even if it's a good idea.

dryheat44 said:
Not Davis, although I'm sure Belichick would love to have him, but really, he's just Ben Watson a couple years younger. And Watson is signed long term.

I have a suspicion that Belichick drools about the thought of AJ Hawk in a Pats uni, but I don't think we can get high enough to grab him, or even if it's a good idea.

man that would be amazing if we did get him (very unlikely) would he play on the inside with Tedy.B

Last edited:
we could trade our #21, our early 3rd rder and next yrs second rder to get into the top ten

I did see a mock draft that had us moving into the #8 (Buffalo) and taking Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon.

At 21 Buffalo's mock pick had taken: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, BC

patsfan55 said:

its a possibility
with all our draft picks
maybe we'd be willing to give up a future draft pick too, considering next yrs draft isnt supposed to be that good

personally, i dont think this will happen, but its a possibility

who would it be for?
aj hawk
michael huff
dbrick ferguson
mario williams
vernon davis

While that's an interesting idea, I don't see any of the players you list fitting the scenario.

BB/SP have never drafted an LB on the first day, I believe, and I can't see throwing most of the picks together to trade up for Hawk. He is a player, but that's not enough value in return.

Williams and Davis are not players that the Pats likely want (Williams) or need (Davis), and I'd have to throw Ferguson in the same group. With Light and Koppen coming back, and two picks from last year in Mankins and Kaczur, I don't see Brick as a need player.

Huff is intriguing, but, again, do you take most of your picks to move up for a safety? I doubt it.

I could see a draft day deal involving picks and a player, say a #1+ for somebody like Andre Johnson, however.

cubedoggy said:
While that's an interesting idea, I don't see any of the players you list fitting the scenario.

BB/SP have never drafted an LB on the first day, I believe, and I can't see throwing most of the picks together to trade up for Hawk. He is a player, but that's not enough value in return.

Williams and Davis are not players that the Pats likely want (Williams) or need (Davis), and I'd have to throw Ferguson in the same group. With Light and Koppen coming back, and two picks from last year in Mankins and Kaczur, I don't see Brick as a need player.

Huff is intriguing, but, again, do you take most of your picks to move up for a safety? I doubt it.

I could see a draft day deal involving picks and a player, say a #1+ for somebody like Andre Johnson, however.

dont rule davis out
i would love to have huff, he is a nasty football player

he would be a preety handy player to have as he can play both Saftey and CB

Brady#12 said:
he would be a preety handy player to have as he can play both Saftey and CB

yup
he would be a great successor to rodney

patsfan55 said:
yup
he would be a great successor to rodney

definatly........ and he's very very athletic as well i think :confused:

re

I'm all for it, as long as the Pats don't trade away their 06 mid-round picks. People have written that this year's draft is EXTREMELY deep. If they do move up in the 1st round, I would rather see them trade away 2007 picks.

Just don't see anyone that noteworthy to move up to get...but why trade Graham??? A solid blocker...maybe the best TE blocker??? Does not make sense...unless??? Well if CF was still here..I would say that would have a better possibility..but..really. NO and NO.

Pats726 said:
Just don't see anyone that noteworthy to move up to get...but why trade Graham??? A solid blocker...maybe the best TE blocker??? Does not make sense...unless??? Well if CF was still here..I would say that would have a better possibility..but..really. NO and NO.

you dont consider the guys i originally listed as noteworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes