PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Considering giving up on watching NFL games, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a penalty if you pull or twist it. The Lions player slightly grazed it with his finger as you may have noticed. Incidental contact like that = no foul. Looks like the sudden impact (and potentially some Rodgers acting) made his helmet jerk.

The one ref who saw the play up close made the right call and didn't throw his flag. Unfortunately, an official behind the play threw his, despite having a worse view and basically just guessed it was a penalty.

Also, I believe you can fully grab a hold of the facemask and release it, as long as you don't tug/pull/twist it.

Wow. Lions fans must be fuming.

Would everybody be feeling this way if the Pats won last night?

I've been feeling this way since 2007 or the "spygate" era, so...

It's probably because I'm still not convinced that a team like the 07 Pats got beat some sorry Giants team.

It was the perfect David vs Goliath story and the little man always wins, because the America loves that stuff. It sells, nobody would benefit from the Pats having a perfect season except for us.

I've been a conspiracy theorist since then and those videos on YouTube are really eye-opening.

Since then, I have accepted the league for what it is.

Love the Pats...but overall the NFL product blows and my once obsession with the league has dwindled to a single obsession....the NEP
My issues:
1) Lack of practice. Half the teams are clown car operations so poorly organized and coached and much of the problem is the limitations placed on practice time. The product suffers. Thursday night games prove that a lack of preparation leads to a garbage product.
2) TV timeouts. The in-stadium experience is horrendous. Sporadic action overwhelmed by excessive "marketing opportunities". The game has no flow, and it is getting worse. And the rock concert-like filler during these TV timeouts is sensory overload.
On TV...1oo minutes of commercials. We are guinea pigs.
3) The absence of great running teams. I love that the Pats win by passing, but I enjoy the sport more when I see great running attacks displaying dominance.
4) The lack of great teams. Give me the late 80's early 90's when great teams LOADED with amazing talent battled for supremacy....like the NYG, SF, Dallas. Back then, the game changing stars were all over the rosters....offense and defense. Now, it's QB and pass catcher. The current league is NFL lite compared to that era. Sure, the decade long Pats/Indy rivalry was great but only because of two great QBs......not because of overly remarkable rosters.

It's pretty much just "sports entertainment" now; not a legitimate competition. Thanks d-bag corporate American for, once again, taking something good and making it suck. Like the NBA . . . like the music industry . . . like the movies.

Don't take it seriously and certainly don't put any money on the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back