PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Considering giving up on watching NFL games, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
More worried about Gronk and Tower. Plenty of teams been jobbed this year, health is 1,000,000x more important at this stage. Loss doesn't bother me a bit.

I said something similar in the game thread, but that was a combination of bad calls and the injuries. I'm calm now and seeing things a bit more clearly. Though I'm still very much frustrated with how things are playing out at this point in the season, I must go on with the team. I feel the league is screwing us and what's happening now highlights why I have a million posts about hating a bye so early in the season, it is what it is. We still have games to play with the players that can still move limbs. Duct tape, glue and some shots, and get your ass on the field and make some plays.

I talked with my dad this morning and he said the same thing. We always talk after the games and he said he is considering not watching. Since he is 82 y.o., maybe he shouldn't-I know it raises my blood pressure.

It was far worse than any other game. Even non Patriots fans are saying we were cheated.
Just don't go on the OrangeMane. They think their Broncos won fair and square and that we are a bunch of whiners.

Yeah I had the same thought yesterday but it was after the Gronk injury, with him on the ground screaming, I thought man I can't handle this anymore, top players dropping like flies, NFL on a mission against the Pats, refs fixing the game, I don't need any of this, if the NFL wants to ruin their product OK, they won't have me as a client anymore.

I spend too much time watching games, sunday is a dead day for me at this point of the season, I need to prioritize another things.

I was decided to wait until BB and Brady retire but after yesterday I may anticipate that. Let's see.

I know a Cowboy fan can read this and say "cmon man why the hell are you complaining, look around the league" , I got it, but honestly, **** that, to each his own, context is everything, I can see a Raiders fan getting a wild card spot more happy than us with the league screwing us this way.

Deflategate deflated my love of the game and caused me to consider not watching the NFL after Brady/Belichick are gone. I love football too much so I was probably leaning toward still watching.

But deflategate combined with poor officiating, the constant rule changes, the confusion on what is or what is not a catch, league corruption, etc. may all be too much for me. It may be the final nail in the coffin of watching the NFL.

The league, lead by Roger Liardell, is really trying hard to push me away from the game. It's close to being unwatchable.

As I was watching the game last night I just kept wondering if this was supposed to be fun. Because it isn't and it hasn't been fun most of this season. And yet here I am still wasting my time watching and my energy caring.

Last night was the perfect example of the fact that the league can pretty much have whatever outcome it wants. Its amusing how most games involving us become close and exciting….wonder why. They want the marquee game and they get it, no matter what. We made the plays. When they are repeatedly called back for one thing or another, well, what are you supposed to do. What can you do. Nothing.

How many times have we had to score touchdowns twice this year? How many OPIs can be called on one guy? If anyone thinks that the higher ups have nothing to do with this, well, you are probably still enjoying watching. But I'm not.

The league, lead by Roger Liardell, is really trying hard to push me away from the game. It's close to being unwatchable.

I'll take comfort, colder though it will be than I'd planned a decade ago, in the knowledge that the team I rooted for will likely be the last of the legit greats.

It occurs to me why the the league is pretty much tone deaf on the inconsistent quality of refs in the NFL. The league has been hearing complaints about refs for years and years. So much so they just roll their eyes down at headquarters and chuckle with a shake of the head. Hey, they think, guys have *****ing about refs since the get go, this is just more of the same.

This institutionalized indifference is why next to nothing is being done to improve the refs. Roger and his minions don't really believe it's a problem.

Other teams' fans think their teams are routinely jobbed by the refs at Gillette. Do you think they are all wrong and only you are right or do you think that a significant part of HFA for any team, including the Patriots, is favorable calls?

It occurs to me why the the league is pretty much tone deaf on the inconsistent quality of refs in the NFL. The league has been hearing complaints about refs for years and years. So much so they just roll their eyes down at headquarters and chuckle with a shake of the head. Hey, they think, guys have *****ing about refs since the get go, this is just more of the same.

This institutionalized indifference is why next to nothing is being done to improve the refs. Roger and his minions don't really believe it's a problem.

Roger makes $44 million regardless of the quality of the product on the field or the image of the league. Complacency is their core business.

You have to wonder how long Tom is going to want to put up with this B.S. Does a competitive guy want to keep competing in a competition that is fundamentally unfair?

As bad as last night's game was, maybe it will open eyes to the Goodell/NFL bias against the Pats. They really want us to lose and it shows. Maybe those against us during deflate gate will come around now. People seem to think Pats nation are whiners but after last night maybe they will be on our side. It happens to all teams too, but more to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back