PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Considering coming to Gillette for 12/19 Pats-Pack Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like many posting here have not been to a game in a few years..Its $50 now to park anywhere near stadium.. ..

The $40 or even $30 lots represent last season's prices a couple miles down Rt 1. You need to get out more around Foxboro.

Yes, We WILL be wearing Packers gear. If we think that'll be a problem, then we probably shouldn't even make the trip. But, I get the feeling it won't be a problem (especially since we probably won't be drinking). None of us are by any means obnoxious or arrogant, but that doesn't mean that we won't cheer for our team (respectfully of course). As someone mentioned earlier, it might be different if we were Jets fans.

Enemy gear is not usually a problem at Gillette. I go to the Jets-Pats game every year and all the tailgating occurs without incident. Your behaviour is key. Cheer away for the Cheese but don't be loudly obnoxious or confrontational when Brady throws a pick :eek::eek::eek: and all will be fine.

I think I will also be making the pilgrimage for the 1st time this year for the pats vs. ravens game albeit from a slightly different aspect as the cheesehead.

Being from philly I think someone would have to be literally lit on fire to be shocked at any fan behavior :p

If you are a respectful fan, then you should be fine should you decide to come to the Meadowlands. Jets fans are nowhere even NEAR Philly fans. Not even close.

Also, the Meadowlands is a lot more accessible than Foxboro. It's a 10 minute drive from the city [Manhattan], there is a crapload of parking, and there are new trains and buses heading to the stadium from Midtown Manhattan. Not to mention you'll see the better team play against your Packers.

Come to NYC. Spend as little time in Jersey as possible.

Woah cheesehead, the Metrodome doesn't stink! It is just full of nasal character! :)

My question since this seems to be a great information gathering thread, is how much are tickets generally? How easy are they to get? Is there scalping outside if there are no available tickets? How about post season tix?

Patswicked, right 2 miles from stadium..Nice walk though..Im over there all the time but usually avoid it game days..Although watching from CBS game day is fun. Comments about the End Zone and Stoneforge was what really struck me as outdated thats all. Just wanted to be clear that parking $ anywhere within an acceptable walk is $50 and that Patriot Place has far better bars then the "End Zone" (which has been Fushion something? for few yrs now). My 2 cents.

The parking is $50, though some places nearby go for $40 or $30...

Are you sure about the $50? Last year the parking in all the stadium lots was $40. I was at every home game last year and tailgated at all of them. parked in P10...

At least at the moment, the stadium website is still saying the rate is $40. Too much to be sure, but still less than $50...

Gillette Stadium Parking

Are you sure about the $50? Last year the parking in all the stadium lots was $40. I was at every home game last year and tailgated at all of them. parked in P10...

At least at the moment, the stadium website is still saying the rate is $40. Too much to be sure, but still less than $50...

Gillette Stadium Parking

Ummmm, no. I went to a preseason game last year and it was 50 everywhere.

Just a warning about the Hall of Fame I dont think it is open on gamedays at the building couldnt handle 60,000.

But it is awsome and there are cool interactive things aimed at entertaining kids that I at 27 found equally entertaining.

You might even find a few cool things in their from your SB win vs us.

If you are a respectful fan, then you should be fine should you decide to come to the Meadowlands. Jets fans are nowhere even NEAR Philly fans. Not even close.

Also, the Meadowlands is a lot more accessible than Foxboro. It's a 10 minute drive from the city [Manhattan], there is a crapload of parking, and there are new trains and buses heading to the stadium from Midtown Manhattan. Not to mention you'll see the better team play against your Packers.

Come to NYC. Spend as little time in Jersey as possible.

No one wants to go to that **** hole.

I'm probably going to attend this game as well, as I promised my self I'd go to a game before Brady retires (its really a bit of a pain to make the journey as a college student), and figured it would be cool to see Moss before he left as well (I know he's not his best in the Snow, but heck), but my Die-hard Packer friend was interested in going on the cross-country trip as a bit of an event. Anyway, we'd be meeting up with a friend who's already over in NY who'd come too. What's the best mixture for parking price wise? We don't mind a bit of a walk , but we don't want to be out in no-where-land.

Last edited:
But the official website says $40!

Last year the stadium lots were $40. The private lots outside the stadium but relatively close by were $50. Those external lots empty quicker into the morass of traffic that is Route 1. Quicker exit is worth the $10 the conniving bastids charge. Lots over a mile away decrease in price down to $40 then $30.

Not good news on the trip to see the Patriots-Packers game at Gillette. All my friends bailed on me when it came to decision time, so I won't be making the trip out to enjoy in person what may be one of the greatest matchups of the season. They all decided they would rather spend their money on premium tickets for the Miami game in Green Bay, which is what we'll be doing. I also don't think it helped that the game was scheduled so close to the Christmas holiday.

However, I did manage to find some other friends (that were more decisive) willing to go to the Packers-Bears game, week 3 in Chicago, to see the NFL's longest standing rivalry on Monday Night Football.

Regardless, I'll likely stick around these boards for a while, checking in maybe a couple times a week or so. Thanks for all the advise about the stadium, and who knows, maybe in 2018 when the Packers are next scheduled to play @NewEngland, I'll be able to make the trip out there.

Not good news on the trip to see the Patriots-Packers game at Gillette. All my friends bailed on me when it came to decision time, so I won't be making the trip out to enjoy in person what may be one of the greatest matchups of the season. They all decided they would rather spend their money on premium tickets for the Miami game in Green Bay, which is what we'll be doing. I also don't think it helped that the game was scheduled so close to the Christmas holiday.

However, I did manage to find some other friends (that were more decisive) willing to go to the Packers-Bears game, week 3 in Chicago, to see the NFL's longest standing rivalry on Monday Night Football.

Regardless, I'll likely stick around these boards for a while, checking in maybe a couple times a week or so. Thanks for all the advise about the stadium, and who knows, maybe in 2018 when the Packers are next scheduled to play @NewEngland, I'll be able to make the trip out there.

Save yourself the anguish of what was inevitably going to be a sad trip.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back