PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Compensatory picks 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a reasonably good idea of the PATS compensatory picks for 2007?

That can only be roughly guessed at but something in the neighborhood of
as we had like 7 guys whos value should go into the max 4 picks.

jct said:
That can only be roughly guessed at but something in the neighborhood of
as we had like 7 guys whos value should go into the max 4 picks.

JCT -
I think you mean 4,6,6,7. Remember the comp picks are PRIMARILY based on compensation, but can be moved by what they accomplish. The most that any one player has moved up is 1 tier.

The Patriots lost 8 guys (Michael Stone, David Givens, Tom Ashworth, Christian Fauria, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Adam Vinatieri, and Matt Chatham ) and signed 2. Those two were Reche Caldwell and Mitchell. Caldwell is off-set by Fauria and Mitchell by Chatham. Stone probably does not qualify since his salary is so low.

Givens - 4th, could be downgraded to a 5th
Vinatieri - 6th
Ashworth 6th, possibly a 5th
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

I think DaBruinz nailed it, I expect a 4,6,6 and 7. We can hope for 4, 5, 6, 7Off the top of my head we should have the following picks. The extra second day picks give us a little bit of room to make the odd move or trade them for next year. I don't think we will draft the full 11 players.

------- Day 1 -----------
1,1 (Seattle)
----- Days 2 -------------
4,4 (Comp)
5 - No Pick - Traded for Gabriel
6, 6 (Comp),6 (Comp)
7, 7 (Comp)

DaBruinz said:
JCT -
I think you mean 4,6,6,7. Remember the comp picks are PRIMARILY based on compensation, but can be moved by what they accomplish. The most that any one player has moved up is 1 tier.

The Patriots lost 8 guys (Michael Stone, David Givens, Tom Ashworth, Christian Fauria, Andre Davis, Tim Dwight, Adam Vinatieri, and Matt Chatham ) and signed 2. Those two were Reche Caldwell and Mitchell. Caldwell is off-set by Fauria and Mitchell by Chatham. Stone probably does not qualify since his salary is so low.

Vinatieri - 6th
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

DaBruinz said:
Vinatieri - 6th
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

Didn't Givens sign for around 7Millm per season? According to the Kffl site, this should translate into a 3rd, reference N.Y. Jets (LaMont Jordan, $5.51 million, 14 GP/14 GS). I don't know if they downgrade so much as upgrade for a player who outperforms his contract. Didn't we get a 3rd comp for a player recently? Does anyone remember who it was?

Likewise, the Vinitrator at 3 million + should be a 5th, comparison; Pittsburgh (Oliver Ross, $3.50 million, 12/11)

So, I'd say it should look like:

Givens - 3rd
Vinatieri - 5th
Ashworth 6th,
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

DaBruinz said:
Vinatieri - 6th
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

Didn't Givens sign for around 7Millm per season? According to the Kffl site, this should translate into a 3rd, reference N.Y. Jets (LaMont Jordan, $5.51 million, 14 GP/14 GS). I don't know if they downgrade so much as upgrade for a player who outperforms his contract. Didn't we get a 3rd comp for a player recently? Does anyone remember who it was?

Likewise, the Vinitrator at 3 million + should be a 5th, comparison; Pittsburgh (Oliver Ross, $3.50 million, 12/11)

Givens - 3rd
Vinatieri - 5th
Ashworth 6th,
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

patpatriot said:

Givens - 3rd
Vinatieri - 5th
Ashworth 6th,
Davis or Dwight - 7th.

IIRC, Givens signed for $4.8 million per year and Adam signed for $2.3 million a year.

Miguel said:
IIRC, Givens signed for $4.8 million per year and Adam signed for $2.3 million a year.

Thanks Miguel, that certainly does make a difference although when you look at where the team is right now, those salaries look pretty reasonable don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back