Colvin on the strong side

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Aug 27, 2006.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

I was comforted last year seeing Colvin rejuvenate himself, regaining some of the ferocity and explosion that we expected before the infamous injury. Still, I am unsure how much of his production was due to flanking Seymour. Now that he has switched to elephant behind Warren, I think my predictions of an All-pro season for Colvin may be overreaching. Can we expect similar production from Colvin this year as we saw in the last half of '05, or will we see a drop off to McGinest type numbers, like 6 sacks and a solid season against the run? And when Bruschi returns, should Colvin stay at the strong side, or Vrabel move there? Hmmm.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

In the Atlanta game he wasn't as effective playing strongside, which may be preseason jitters as much as any chemistry with Warren. He started very slow as a run defender last season, hopefully we're just seeing that re-enacted this year. He moves back alongside Seymour if Vrabel is moved back outside.