Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colvin on the strong side

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Aug 27, 2006.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I was comforted last year seeing Colvin rejuvenate himself, regaining some of the ferocity and explosion that we expected before the infamous injury. Still, I am unsure how much of his production was due to flanking Seymour. Now that he has switched to elephant behind Warren, I think my predictions of an All-pro season for Colvin may be overreaching. Can we expect similar production from Colvin this year as we saw in the last half of '05, or will we see a drop off to McGinest type numbers, like 6 sacks and a solid season against the run? And when Bruschi returns, should Colvin stay at the strong side, or Vrabel move there? Hmmm.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

In the Atlanta game he wasn't as effective playing strongside, which may be preseason jitters as much as any chemistry with Warren. He started very slow as a run defender last season, hopefully we're just seeing that re-enacted this year. He moves back alongside Seymour if Vrabel is moved back outside.