PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts want NFL to Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the colts...

it hurts when you are on the otherside, is it?

to the colts...

it hurts when you are on the otherside, is it?

Not really, the Pats deserve all the media attention, they are 9-0 and look like nothing is going to stop them from being 16-0 this year, although I think Pittsburg will give you a run for your money other then that I don't see anybody that has a chance..

Not really, the Pats deserve all the media attention, they are 9-0 and look like nothing is going to stop them from being 16-0 this year, although I think Pittsburg will give you a run for your money other then that I don't see anybody that has a chance..

That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about being on the bad end of a call.

That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about being on the bad end of a call.

oh to be honest it blows but it happens and not much we can do about it. I only have one complaint and it was the quick whistle after the INT in the endzone , I don't know if he would make it all the way to the 5 yd line like he did but im sure he would have got some good yards..anyhow we didn't lose the game on that play, 6 INT's, two missed FG's and two td's give up on Special teams is what I blame this loss on. Is AV still on the Pats payroll? lol J/K

Last edited:

Please Indy stop with this BS. You admit that you were not going for it on 4th down, that you were trying to draw the other team offsides. Then, your TE jerks back like he was shot by a bazooka, and you want to argue why a flag for intentionally trying to draw the other team offsides was called?

I said this after the sound was piped in, the heat was turned up, and coach to QB communication was shut off, and the fake snap counts were shouted out, and I'll say it one last time, I hope to ^&* that I never hear an Indy fan talk about the Patriots cheating. This was a BS play by Indy, and they got called for it. Now, they want to argue it? Pathetic.

Yeah someone posted it in another thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPP4iyNE0RQ&NR=1

I had forgotten about that, it never gets old either. F'n Lamey certainly seems like the perfect commentator for Indy! He seemed to take it as a personal affront that the refs would dare throw the flag on that play.

His call of Vinitraitor's shank is priceless, too. "It's good! It's good! It's goo...no wait a minute. He said no good. He missed it. I'm sorry, he missed it."

I can just picture those Indy fans listening on the radio, jumping around in celebration only to get the rest of the call. It brings a tear to my eye.

oh to be honest it blows but it happens and not much we can do about it. I only have one complaint and it was the quick whistle after the INT in the endzone , I don't know if he would make it all the way to the 5 yd line like he did but im sure he would have got some good yards..anyhow we didn't lose the game on that play, 6 INT's, two missed FG's and two td's give up on Special teams is what I blame this loss on. Is AV still on the Pats payroll? lol J/K

When you lose a game like that, all you can do is shake your head and realize that it just wasn't your day. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

The good news is that the OL held up reasonably well and the receivers caught the ball very well. Their routes may have been poor at times (which could explain an INT or 2) and that is killer since Manning is such a timing passer.

You have 2 bye weeks to recover (KC and at ATL) to get things straight before the stretch run. Things could be worse.

I can't confirm this but I read somewhere that Dungy was mad about the spot because he said the Colts had 1st down just outside the 16 yard line, so they should have gotten a 1st down just outside the 6 yard line which they did reach..now I don't know if this is true as I didn't dvr the game..

Having the chain gang start at the wrong position isn't much of a situation. They just eyeball where they are supposed to be and are going to be off, especially when in a 2 minute situation and they are rushed. More often than not, they will "round up" to a yard marker if it is close. Makes it easier on the players and officials. Really doesn't affect the game situation since the center moves the ball a foot in either direction at the snap anyway.

I'm not a big fan of review moving the spot of a ball. If the officials weren't so horribly bad at spotting the ball at crucial times in the game, I would be in favor of removing that as a reviewable play. In this case it was the right call, but if that went against the Pats I don't think I would have been particularly happy about it.

There was absolutely no guess work needed on this one. The action was clearly attempting to draw the defender offsides, ergo it is simulating the snap count. You will never see a WR or TE adjust their stance in the manner that he did. It was a violent jerk back into a blocking position and then reset. The motion had no purpose *but* simulating the snap.

Yes, it was very obvious. A good try by the Colts, definately worth it because it might not have been called. To complain about it afterwards is embarrassing.

karma chickens coming home to roost I love it!

"Pittsburgh" has an h at the end, I understand it must be difficult to type correctly without thumbs.

"Pittsburgh" has an h at the end, I understand it must be difficult to type correctly without thumbs.

Thanks for the spelling lesson Mr. Grogan, typos are part of life. Even if I didn't have thumbs the "H" would be typed using the right index finger, and you only use your thumb for the space bar, and I don't think I ran any words together by missing the space bar so Im pretty sure I have thumbs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the spelling lesson Mr. Grogan, typos are part of life. Even if I didn't have thumbs the "H" would be typed using the right index finger.

You and the other girls in the secretary pool must have had a good laugh on that one eh?

You and the other girls in the secretary pool must have had a good laugh on that one eh?

Not really, other things on my mind, wondering if Freeney is done for the year. I wasn't disrespecting the Pats either by saying I thought Pittsburgh was the only team that had a shot at beating the Pats, I think they are the only team left on your schedule that is capable of keeping it halfway close, whether they do or not is a different story.

Last edited:
Not really, other things on my mind, wondering if Freeney is done for the year. I wasn't disrespecting the Pats either by saying I thought Pittsburgh was the only team that had a shot at beating the Pats.

Your football acumen is impressive, such revolutionary thinking that the Steelers are going to be a challenge for the Pats. Haven't heard that anywhere else!

The Colts just got too tricky and ended up hurting themselves. They only have themselves to blame. All they had to do was 'trust' in AV and let him line up the 51 yard field goal. Instead they tried to gain an advantage by trying to draw the defense offsides. Instead they got caught by the refs and drew the flag. Hey Colts if you need someone to blame for that loss just look in the MIRROR.

The funny thing is, Dungy said they've run that play many times without being penalized....Really???

If they ran it like that every time, the question is, why haven't they been penalized for it?

It is revving up their snarling intimidation engine
... so that officials will get back on program and resume being
as docile and cooperative as they had been at home the week before.[/COLOR]
This is absolutely correct. The Colts (Polian) whine the most so they get the most calls. NE should do the same every once in a while... maybe then we wouldn't constantly be getting screwed.

I always thought that you couldn't have more than one person in motion at any one time.
You can have a bunch of players in motion at once but they all have to be set for one full second, after which one single player may go in motion (and be in motion at the snap).
On that play in particular, they had 3 people moving. Utecht moving away from the line. Moorehead (?) moving up. And Fletcher going in motion.
The biggest problem was the TE was on the line and in a 3-point stance. I am pretty sure that once you are on the line and in a 3-point stance, you may not move until the snap. This is true for the linemen themselves as well as any TE covering the linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back