PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Subvert Injury Reporting Rules on Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thats a heck of a gif. LOL. Something clearly very wrong.

Wonder if the Colts will be in full FU mode after their participation banners have been tainted by ribsgate. They'll be out to prove they can participate as well as anybody while reporting injuries correctly.

Wonder if the Colts will be in full FU mode after their participation banners have been tainted by ribsgate. They'll be out to prove they can participate as well as anybody while reporting injuries correctly.
People questioning their GRIT, they are going to come out tonight and participate against Carolina with everything they've got. They'll prove that they can achieve the status of 2015 Monday Night Football Participants without having to subvert injury reporting rules. No asterisks tonight boys!

The precedent seems to be a fine but, Grigson lied about it. Remember, it's not the crime it's the cover-up.
These things only matter if your address is in Foxborough, MA...

People questioning their GRIT, they are going to come out tonight and participate against Carolina with everything they've got. They'll prove that they can achieve the status of 2015 Monday Night Football Participants without having to subvert injury reporting rules. No asterisks tonight boys!

From top to bottom that entire organization oozes sleeze.

Seeing Luck wince at a gentle tap makes me realize the kind of pain these guys sometimes play through. I'd be even more worried about a cracked rib puncturing a lung on a chest hit. Best of health Luck and stay safe in your team loss monday.

People won't target his ribs on game day for starters.

Which I'm sure is why they did it, and why I think all this injury report nonsense is incredibly stupid. It was a rule made to protect gambling interests, at the expense of making the game more dangerous for already-injured players. It reeks of ****ed up league priorities, and the NFL's claim that it's vitally important to the "integrity of the league" demonstrates exactly how empty and disingenuous that phrase really is. Punishing the Colts for this would be nearly as stupid as punishing the Pats over atmospheric conditions naturally deflating some footballs by a few ticks.

Seeing Luck wince at a gentle tap makes me realize the kind of pain these guys sometimes play through. I'd be even more worried about a cracked rib puncturing a lung on a chest hit. Best of health Luck and stay safe in your team loss monday.

These guys play through sheer hell sometimes.

No one should question Luck's toughness.

They should absolutely question his organization's ethics.

Remember, it's not the crime it's the cover-up.
They should just come out and admit that they did it! We could all move past it then. They're only making it worse!

Which I'm sure is why they did it, and why I think all this injury report nonsense is incredibly stupid. It was a rule made to protect gambling interests, at the expense of making the game more dangerous for already-injured players. It reeks of ****ed up league priorities, and the NFL's claim that it's vitally important to the "integrity of the league" demonstrates exactly how empty and disingenuous that phrase really is. Punishing the Colts for this would be nearly as stupid as punishing the Pats over atmospheric conditions naturally deflating some footballs by a few ticks.

You had me right up to the last sentence where you went wrong.
The Patriots did NOTHING regarding PSI, an obscure rule at best never mentioned previously.
The Colts blatently & deliberately violated a well known rule often addressed.

And yes you said nearly but it's not.

Here is a link to when a team mate gently taps Luck on the ribs. (this is linked to not uploaded so it is not hosted on this site)

This was on the Colts forum. Something very wrong.

Not so gentle on the first one, methinks. But, yeah, something's wrong (besides his facial hair).

You had me right up to the last sentence where you went wrong.
The Patriots did NOTHING regarding PSI, an obscure rule at best never mentioned previously.
The Colts blatently & deliberately violated a well known rule often addressed.

And yes you said nearly but it's not.

Would you prefer if I said "nearly as stupid as penalizing the Patriots for Spygate?"

Now that the truth is out, IND's luck might have run out. :eek:

More specifically, opposing teams know where to hit 'em, now! And if Luck is that injured, he shouldn't be out there. I believe a lot of people posted up on how stupid their management was on draft day...speculating that Luck would get creamed. In some ways, I feel sorry for the guy having to work through it all, but that gets lost in the rhetoric he was spewing in regards to their IND-made deflate-gate bunk (i.e. propagandas).

Here is a link to when a team mate gently taps Luck on the ribs. (this is linked to not uploaded so it is not hosted on this site)

Almost looks like he winces in pain before he knows he is about to get hit. It was Hasselbeck.

Sorry but not every story in the media is a shot at the Patriots.
That's just the landscape now. Fans, rightfully or wrongfully, feel like everything is a dig at NE because so many things have been. This story, I agree, is a bit much in terms of said digs, though. Nonetheless, I don't feel bad about it. Luck has done little to prove he is the next great QB, IMO, and the Colts organization sucks.

Man that doesn't look good. Luck is in such a crappy situation. I now wonder if he will hit Free Agency without accepting a new contract from Irsay.

But the Pats did nothing wrong whereas the Colts intentionally violated a rule. While you are right, the whole rule should just be abandoned, I don't think they should be let off easily (but they probably will be) after all the crap they helped put the Pats through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back