PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts sign Deion Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Because they drafted him 2 rounds ahead of where he was projected to go and gave him an opportunity to play in the NFL.
2. Because they gave him the opportunity to play in 3 super bowls and win 2 championships.
3. Because they gave him the opportunity to build a career that allowed him to earn north of $45 million dollars over the past 12 years.
4. Because they brought him back and gave him a chance to end his career on a positive note when he was days from being out of the NFL completely in 2010.
5. Because they brought him back in 2012 even though he was clearly not capable of playing at a high level in order to have good bye tour.

I mean should I keep going, let me ask you this what has Branch done for the Patriots other than take and then do what is best for him even if it hurt the Patriots?

Well there's the small matter of 4,297 yards and 24 TD's.

The very fact that Branch is no longer a Patriot makes a mockery of your outrage though. We 'dumped' on Branch long before he 'dumped' on us.

That’s not true Manx, Branch would not have been on this team last season if he was not Branch just like Faulk wouldn’t have been here a few years before. He has 16 receptions last season for 121 receiving yards and 0 touchdowns, they kept him to give him an opportunity to do a farewell tour and that was not good enough so now he is going to sign with our playoff opponent 6 days before the game despite not stepping foot on a NFL field in the entire season including the preseason.

I mean seriously Manx you’re a bright poster one of the brightest in here, the Colts sign a guy who wasn’t even invited to training camp this season 6 days before they face his old team? Tell me 1 time other than the text message story that you heard Deion Branch’s name mentioned in connection with an NFL team in the 2013 season?

Wide Receiver
• Brandon Lloyd
• Laurent Robinson
• Devery Henderson
• Braylon Edwards
• Mohamed Massaquoi
• Donte’ Stallworth
• Steve Breaston
• Michael Jenkins
Deion Branch
• Early Doucet
• Ben Obomanu
• Ramses Barden
• David Gettis
• Anthony Armstrong
• Devin Aromashodu
• Chaz Schilens
• Courtney Roby (KR)
• Chad Johnson
• Jabar Gaffney
• Derek Hagan
• Matthew Willis
• Brian Robiskie
• Naaman Roosevelt
• Deon Butler
• Roscoe Parrish (PR)
• Brandon Banks (KR/PR)
• Patrick Crayton
• Sammie Stroughter
• Jason Hill
• Jordan Shipley
• Ruvell Martin
• Patrick Turner
• Greg Camarillo (PR)
• Legedu Naanee
• Mardy Gilyard (KR)
• Devin Thomas
• Adrian Arrington
• Michael Clayton
• Armanti Edwards
• Terrence Austin
• Richard Goodman (KR)
• Terrance Copper
• Demetrius Williams
• Preston Parker
• Brett Swain
• Maurice Stovall (TE)
• Jerheme Urban
• Jaymar Johnson
• Quan Cosby (PR/KR)
• Ronald Johnson
• Chastin West
• Lance Long
• Tim Toone
• David Reed (KR)
• Danny Coale
• Joe Adams (KR/PR)
• Jeff Fuller
• LaQuan Williams
• Tommy Streeter
• Brian Tyms
• David Douglas

Do you think Deion was the best WR on the market?

I don't get your logic. You're pilot? Ok lets say you had a long and enjoyable career with Southwest Airlines until they lay you off or replace you with another pilot. Jet Blue unexpectedly offers you a job as you're on the couch and not making what you once did in salary.

Do you turn down the JetBlue job as a sign of loyalty and thanks to Southwest?

Sounds silly and illogical, right?

Exactly.

I was out of this convo but I will answer your question.

Does the Southwest go out of business potentially if I tell Jet Blue proprietary information that I learned during my tenure their? If they would than my answer would be no I wouldn’t take the job, am not going to **** on those that have done good by me in the past for a chance at a meager gain.

If Branch signed in the season I wouldn’t have an issue with this my issue is with the blatantly obvious timing of the Colts offering and that he chose to accept if despite the merger gains.

• Colts could lose on Sunday.
• Colts could lose next Sunday.
• Colts could lose in the Super Bowl
• Branch could be cut at the end of the practice week.
• Branch could be cut after the divisional game
• Branch could be cut after the conference game

I see a lot of negative outcomes, and the Colts are not considered SB contenders in anyone’s eyes, they just barely survived their wildcard game, what exactly is the upside here for Branch that is worth ****ting on Belichick, Brady and the rest of the Patriots? Listen if they said we will give you a $1,000,000 to come sign here for a week I would be like OK I get it but Branch isn’t going to earn more than $25-$30 which he should earn in interest during the span of the game given his career earnings.

This is not simply about Deion Branch joining another team. He had every right to do so as he was under contract to no other team. I don't think any of the anti Deion branch posters would have minded as much if he joined the Colts in week 2 or week 14. It all about the TIMING. He is joining the Pats opponents, for whom he have never played and has no connections, 6 days before their playoff game! If this is not a multi-year contract he obtained, how much money could he possibly make for playing potentially only one game. There is a huge difference between trying to revive your career like Collie and joining an opposing team less than a week before your old team, with whom you have won 2 super bowls, plays them in the playoffs.

That’s not true Manx, Branch would not have been on this team last season if he was not Branch just like Faulk wouldn’t have been here a few years before. He has 16 receptions last season for 121 receiving yards and 0 touchdowns, they kept him to give him an opportunity to do a farewell tour and that was not good enough so now he is going to sign with our playoff opponent 6 days before the game despite not stepping foot on a NFL field in the entire season including the preseason.

I mean seriously Manx you’re a bright poster one of the brightest in here, the Colts sign a guy who wasn’t even invited to training camp this season 6 days before they face his old team? Tell me 1 time other than the text message story that you heard Deion Branch’s name mentioned in connection with an NFL team in the 2013 season?

Do you think Deion was the best WR on the market?

I don't see what this has to do with anything. Branch hasn't been here all year. What exactly is there that Branch could tell them that they couldn't get from watching film? And Branch actually worked out for the Colts a number of weeks ago so it's not as though this is completely out of the blue.

I find it odd that he would 'sell out' for one game (well, hopefully one game).

And he probably won't even be on the active roster for this game. So they really are just paying him for to spill Tom Brady's secrets. Oh well, Denver has Welker and it still didn't help them.

Deion Branch was slated to do an autograph signing in these areas on 1/31. Hopefully the Colts are long gone from teh playoffs and he can still do that.

?

Colts worked Branch out 3 weeks ago

Indianapolis Colts work out WR Deion Branch

he probably won't even see the field

I agree ... At best he may get a few feet separation from a linebacker ... that's about it and forget even the 4th or 5th DB ... Branch is toast ... father time caught up.

Last edited:

I think he will. He has reliable hands though his skills are greatly diminished plus apparently Heyward-Bay is out next week so it'd make sense for the Colts to snag a receiver.

So, to sum up:

Colts worked out Branch weeks ago

Colts need WR replacement for injured DHB

Branch needs job

Colts offer Branch Contract

Branch accepts offer

A group of Patriots fans get butthurt and show their asses like monkeys.

Comedy ensues

Great thread! :thumb:

Why would Deion want to get beat beat by his own team?:confused:.

Signed today, released next Mon. after the loss.

Why would Deion want to get beat beat by his own team?:confused:.

His own team is now the Indianapolis Colts. They're paying him thousands of dollars, plus per diem, to play football for 1-4 weeks.

They obviously did this to get information on brady and his offense.

Ras-IR Dowling just signed a futures contract with the Jets.

That traitor!

That theycan get just by watching film. This isn't last years offense. Pats are smart I am 100% sure the calls and audibles are different.

collie knows info on the colts - he was with the team in 2012 (through training camp and part of the regular season )under chuck pagano. pep hamilton came in after the 2012 season but if the offense is similar then having collie could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back