PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts owner Jim Irsay getting off easy...go figure

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jim Irsay To Be Charged With Two OUI Misdemeanors | Deadspin

"What does getting pulled over with a briefcase and duffel bag full of pills and cash get you? If you're Colts owner Jim Irsay, two misdemeanor charges.

That's according to Fox59 Indianapolis, which reports that Irsay will be charged with one count of "operating while intoxicated," and one count of "operating a vehicle with a schedule I or II controlled substances or its metabolite in the body." Those substances, according to the station, were oxycodone and/or hydrocodone.

That last charge is notable—it means he'll be tried only for driving while stoned off his ass, not for having a veritable pharmacy of pills in quantities too large for human therapeutic use. But according to Fox59's source, the amount of pills "did not rise to the level of dealing status."

The charges against Irsay carry maximums of 60 days in jail."​

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 47m
So Irsay wasn't charged w/ a felony AND they announce charges late Friday afternoon before holiday? Preferential treatment?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
Jim Irsay's lawyers put out a statement thru Colts thanking prosecutors for not determining he warranted felony charges. Um, alrighty then

Last edited:
Money cures a lot of problems. He should just be glad he didn't assault a cop a year before or he'd be doing time for certain.

They pulled him over doing 10 MPH in a 35. The chauffeur on vacation? I told him he shouldn't be hanging out with Nick Kaczur.

Seriously though, it's actually kind of sad. Addicts can be skid row bums or billionaires. Though, if it was average Joe driving around with 29 grand in cash and a boatload of pills he'd be looking at serious charges. I agree, money has it's privileges.

Money cures a lot of problems. He should just be glad he didn't assault a cop a year before or he'd be doing time for certain.
Jim Irsay should be glad that Adam Silver isn't the NFL commissioner.

Seriously though, it's actually kind of sad. Addicts can be skid row bums or billionaires. Though, if it was average Joe driving around with 29 grand in cash and a boatload of pills he'd be looking at serious charges. I agree, money has it's privileges.

If i had 30k in cash and a ton of pills..you bet their ass they would be sticking me with a felony for distribution...yet he gets nothing...this country really blows sometimes..

Jim Irsay should be glad that Adam Silver isn't the NFL commissioner.

If Godell wants to do the right thing a fine or loss of something should be in order. This is unfair and shows the privilege that rich people have and unjust favoritism of the few and the unfair approach that's very rarely reserved to us "common folk" the double standard is disgusting:mad:

And in somewhat related news, Matt Russell, Denver's director of player personnel, was sentenced to 7 months in prison after he plead guilty to DUI, possession of an open container and careless driving. He has a BAC of .246 when he was arrested.

Link

We will see if Mr. Irsay does any time.

Being rich, I thought it was very well thought out and just. sometimes you have to pop a couple horse tranquilizers to get threw the board meeting, it's brutal.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back