PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts owner Jim Irsay buys a Prince guitar for $137,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

demerit

On the Roster
Reaction score
Colts owner Jim Irsay buys a Prince guitar for $137,500

Saw this in the news a day or two ago and didn't see it on here. Are we all in agreement that Jim Irsay's money should be put in a trust so that he only has limited access to it? I can respect Prince and I understand the many people out there who are megafans. Here are my issues with the purchase:

1) The guitar is extremely tacky. Seriously, just look at the thing. It's so horrendous that even Prince stopped playing it

2) I could be wrong but I don't believe that it was a good investment on Jim Irsay's part. The guitar only fetched that amount of money because it was sold immediately after Prince's death

3) He's Jim Irsay. The guy was probably pilled out of his mind when he placed the bid at Sotheby's or some other auction house that I have no knowledge of because I'm just a simple Patriots fan without a massive inheritance

Last edited:
Did the guitar have a secret compartment to hide opioids?

He does know it was Purple Rain and not purple drank, right????

Wait...he didn't buy pills? Mind blown

That's his weekly Oxy budget...

I know we are talking about Jim being a druggie, but he obviously has some of the genes his Dad Robert had.

Great investment. In good times that will be worth a lot more.

1414465805911921443.png

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-indianapolis-colts-1728020622

Why not hang a banner for every year? Finish 4th in the AFC South and your banner can say OFFICIAL COMPETITORS. Such a strong showing...
...Deep inside Irsay’s soul, past the 80 shades of ruddy and the heady alchemy of six unauthorized prescription medications working their magic in his bloodstream, he probably wishes he had kept Bruce Arians.
Hey, the next accusation the Colts will make is the Patriots have a nefarious plot to make the other owners druggies so their teams suck. Granted, many of them have a problem, but they did it themselves.

Mere pocket change:
While nearly $140,000 may seem like a lot of cash for a used guitar, this to Irsay must seem like a bargain.

In 2002, Irsay paid $957,000 for Jerry Garcia's one-of-a-kind "Tiger" guitar. Garcia, who died in 1995, was the lead guitarist for the Grateful Dead.

In 2013, he purchased the Fender Stratocaster used by Bob Dylan in the 1965 Newport Folk Festival for $965,000. That is the most ever spent for a guitar sold at auction.

In February 2015, Irsay dropped $335,500 for a historic Les Paul guitar, the 1954 Black Custom, better known as "Black Beauty," as "The Grail!" and the "genesis of all Les Paul guitars to come."

Irsay has about 200 guitars in his collection.

Ref: Prince guitar a bargain for Jim Irsay collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes