PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classless Ryan and his game captains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game and when I saw O'Connell at the coin toss, I immediately thought he must've had a productive week with the scout team to be out there as a captain. It never dawned on me that Tubby Wrecks was using those guys as a dig at the Patriots. I agree with those who consider it a bush-league maneuver. It wasn't funny at all, just sort of stupid and lame. But all this WWF-style nonsense is calculated by Tubby Wrecks to create a new image for the Green Beans, and apparently, Jersey fans are buying into it.

Now that's funny :rofl:

If the Pats were paranoid about O'Connell during the week, they must have been far more so after seeing the coin toss. O'Connell paranoia likely hurt our offense severely this past week. Even if the info he passed on itself wasn't THAT important, it likely caused a lot of wasted time in redoing signals and calls and wristbands and white boards etc.... just a distraction that Rex Ryan decided to highlight at the start of the game.

Although it was clearly cheap and classless, I thought it was tactically very clever.

Last edited:
If the Pats were paranoid about O'Connell during the week, they must have been far more so after seeing the coin toss. O'Connell paranoia likely hurt our offense severely this past week. Even if the info he passed on itself wasn't THAT important, it likely caused a lot of wasted time in redoing signals and calls and wristbands and white boards etc.... just a distraction that Rex Ryan decided to highlight at the start of the game.

Although it was clearly cheap and classless, I thought it was tactically very clever.

sure but it would not be viewed tactically clever if the pats did it...that is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back