PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classic Patriots video thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer Butler

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Was just thinking after I found this, how about a classic Patriots video link thread? I've seen plenty of threads here with one or two classic vids but lets see how many we can get going in one place?

Here is a 1978 afternoon game against the Eagles in Schaefer Stadium. Hank Stram with Gary Bender on the commentary! Best part about this one other than the football is the banter between Gary and Hank during commercial breaks. This is raw video, they don't even break for commercial, you just hear them shooting the ****. Turnover city at the start LOL

So, post em if you got em?

Bueller?

if someone has Cassel Highlights from 08 I would appreciate it

I watched 1 drive from the 1978 footage..was surprised that 4 running backs were used. The RB by committee has been around forever apparently.

...and Stanley Morgan great catch burning Herm Edwards

Hahaha LOL at about 50:50.

During the commercial break:

"Who is that guy there?"
"Super Patriot"
"**** head"
"It takes some real courage to that right there"
"He's a **** head"

Back from commercial:

"That is Super Patriot......I don't much more than that"

upload_2017-1-5_23-51-53.png

Monday night game from 1979. -Patriots vs.Packers - Head Coach Ron Erhardt who brought in an unknown named Bill Parcells to be the Patriots linebackers coach. Howard Cosell seems to love this stacked Pats team. Grogan hooks up with version 1 of Gronk - Russ Francis - early in the game.

Last edited:
Hahaha LOL at about 50:50.

During the commercial break:

"Who is that guy there?"
"Super Patriot"
"**** head"
"It takes some real courage to that right there"
"He's a **** head"

Back from commercial:

"That is Super Patriot......I don't much more than that"

View attachment 15493

Isn't that a riot? LOL Stram is the best. I'm glad Super Patriot didn't catch on.

Here's a full 1979 game... Monday Night Football... Pats beating the Pack in Lambeau, 27-13.

Plus a heavily-edited Pats-Jets game from 10-18-1976.

41-7, Pats... SOJ. :)

Last edited:
Crunch time begins a week from tomorrow night...here's some tuneage to prepare

Wish Tom & Gang were looking like this, maybe next season
th

th
th
th
th
How'd she get that?

OMG It's the New England Patriots...Rooted for them since I was a kid, I'm proud they represent us...

I love This Week in The NFL. I wish all of them were on YouTube but when ever they are uploaded they are taken down in no time.

Forgive me if I missed a post, but this just popped into my youtube suggestions.

Cosell was constantly propping "all world" tight end Francis. Lol

Monday night game from 1979. -Patriots vs.Packers - Head Coach Ron Erhardt who brought in an unknown named Bill Parcells to be the Patriots linebackers coach. Howard Cosell seems to love this stacked Pats team. Grogan hooks up with version 1 of Gronk - Russ Francis - early in the game.

This is great! I'm about 50 mins in. Man if Grogan wasn't so careless with the football this game would have gotten out of hand in favor of the Patriots early! I love how Cosell mentions the Clayborn/Will McDonough locker room brawl!

Going to watch this whole thing. I died laughing at the IBM laser printer commercial, LOL, that thing was like 40'x7'! hahaha, amazing. Also, about 40 mins in a Bill Russell Buick spot. So cool.

Thanks to every other reply here as well, I will watch all of these. This is awesome! Thanks for the links. I have an 8 month old plus two more offspring, so "free time" doesn't come easy. But with all these links I know where a lot will be spent soon. I can't get enough of these old broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back