PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cimini: Revis "Limited" in Practice Today - - Hamstring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CANNOT wait 'till we pound the piss out of the Jets on Sunday!!!!:singing:

No excuses Darelle. You called the man a slouch. Now it behoves you to be ready to go on Sunday.

Randy wants you out there. 100% ready. Lets play ball.

Buh-lee-dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are aware that, with barely any training camp, there's a HUGE possibility that this hamstring issue is 100% legit, right?

Revis called Moss a slouch.

Moss did not miss a day of training camp, put in the work and was on time and present at all practices, preseason games, etc.

Revis sat on his couch, whined and played video games until the HEAD COACH had to fly to his home with hat in hand and beg him to return to the team.

Last edited:

Moss did not miss a day of training camp, put in the work and was on time and present at all practices, preseason games, etc.

Revis sat on his couch, whined and played video games until the HEAD COACH had to fly to his home with hat in hand and beg him to return to the team.

THIS. 10 characters

Great point but i'm the majority who doesn't expect anything less than 100 percent.
Although I will add would be pleasantly surprised if he wasn't.

So if you hold out you are a slouch? I would sure never have taken that Emmitt Smith guy, he was some slouch all right :rolleyes:

(For those that don't know, smith held out of a few training camps)

So if you hold out you are a slouch? I would sure never have taken that Emmitt Smith guy, he was some slouch all right :rolleyes:

(For those that don't know, smith held out of a few training camps)

Moss did not miss a meeting, practice or preseason game.

Revis missed all of them.

Those are simply facts.

I'm not saying Revis is a slouch, but given all that, don't you think it is a bit "ironic" for him to be calling a guy who actually SHOWS UP and puts in the 6+ weeks of team building, sweltering days with his teammates a "slouch"?

BTW - - a guy who (despite all the media hooha) actually is HONORING the final year of HIS contract.

Last edited:
Big fatty Rex just finished the press conference. WFAN just broadcasted bits of it. Apparently, Revis tweaked it, not totally pulled.

The Jets fans are all turning on this team, and that was even before this news. Lots of 'em are even saying Sanchez won't even be a starter next year. They're poopin' their pants 'bout Sunday.

A tweak could become a pull by the end of the game, trying to keep up with Moss.

While I do agree there is very good chance this injury may be legit with Revis missing most of the training camp, I highly suspect the validity of it. After seeing Wrecks sending all ex-Patriots player during coin toss and how he can't stfu about BB, I'm convinced he will do anything just to *** with BB.

I agree with both the previous posts and I thought this all along during the holdout....is he going to come right back, without a camp, and play full speed? When does THAT ever work out?We've seen this over and over and over...player X comes back after long holdout...pulls hammy or quad....slows player X all season...

Honestly, if it's just a nagging injury that he eventually gets over, I'd still consider Revis and the Jets lucky. Far too often, players suffer major injuries after holding out, of the season-ending variety. Playing rusty and out-of-shape in a sport where human freight trains are trying to steamroll you on every play is a recipe for disaster.

Good....I hope the Jets pay for nothing and the overpaid cornerback goes on IR with Jenkins.

While I do agree there is very good chance this injury may be legit with Revis missing most of the training camp, I highly suspect the validity of it. After seeing Wrecks sending all ex-Patriots player during coin toss and how he can't (Please be quiet - edited) about BB, I'm convinced he will do anything just to *** with BB.

Rex would have to be REALLY stupid to do this. Look at the pros and cons.

PRO:

Moss is overconfident for 1-2 plays, thinking that Revis is not full speed, and Brady also bites, and the Patriots end up throwing on him for a bad result (this of course, would only last a a couple of minutes before they realize he's fine.)

CON:

Revis, already way behind in practicing and game planning, misses a critical Thursday practice and misses out some key drills.

Sorry, I don't see any way Revis does not have a hamstring injury, even if it's slight. There's just no point in making it up.

Rex would have to be REALLY stupid to do this. Look at the pros and cons.

PRO:

Moss is overconfident for 1-2 plays, thinking that Revis is not full speed, and Brady also bites, and the Patriots end up throwing on him for a bad result (this of course, would only last a a couple of minutes before they realize he's fine.)

CON:

Revis, already way behind in practicing and game planning, misses a critical Thursday practice and misses out some key drills.

Sorry, I don't see any way Revis does not have a hamstring injury, even if it's slight. There's just no point in making it up.

Stupid is throwing football at female reporter, declaring they will win Superbowl in preseason, letting your QB eat a hotdog during game, declaring they are out of the playoff picture when they were clearly not, saying he will win street fight against other coach(he did say this, right? I vaguely remember him saying something about street fight against someone) and list goes on and on and on. I think he clearly demonstrated capable of being stupid. Regardless, my point wasn't that it would not be huge surprise if Revis was not injured. Real or not, who knows.

I think there is small possiblity that this is a true report...That Revis is actually getting tight hamstrings trying to amp up his conditioning for a big showdown this sunday....

And it's also very possible that its all BS...trying to get into Moss's and the Patriots head.

We know Moss and BB aren't falling for it for a second....Theyre coming ready to go full tilt for 60 minutes...

But....If Revis pushes too hard on a tweaked hamstring....he could definately tear it going full tilt in a game....and be hobbled for the rest of the season...

I believe that charma is always in play...all day, every day. What Revis has said and done prior to camp could be charma biting back for greed and disrespecting a championship caliber team....

they might put revis on welker so nothing is known until the game is played out

...saying he will win street fight against other coach(he did say this, right? I vaguely remember him saying something about street fight against someone)...

you sure it wasn't tom cable that said that :violent:

For what it's worth PFW actually talked about this saying that in some cases, when someone has a hold out that gets rapidly solved right before the season so they don't have an opportunity to get ready for the stress and play of the game, that they can get injuries like a pulled hamstring. And rather than resting and taking the blow to their pride about how they 'were still working out in the offseason' not being that effective, they play on a hurt leg effecting their performance and recovery time.

Not saying this is a definitive thing, but considering the idea was thrown out there over a month ago (IIRC) it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News