PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cimini: Revis "Limited" in Practice Today - - Hamstring

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's even a degree of truth to this, I'd be sending Randy Moss on go routes from the very first snap. Not only will that stretch the field at the outset for our underneath threats in Welker, Gronkowski and "Puerto Rican Chris Cooley" Hernandez, but it stretches Revis and makes him sprint at full capacity testing out a potentially suspect hamstring.

Not only that but I'd be throwing Moss jump balls like there's no tomorrow to test that hamstring out further.

As Arnold said "if it bleeds we can kill it".

Last edited:
If there's even a degree of truth to this, I'd be sending Randy Moss on go routes from the very first snap. Not only will that stretch the field at the outset for our underneath threats in Welker, Gronkowski and "Puerto Rican Chris Cooley" Hernandez, but it stretches Revis and makes him sprint at full capacity testing out a potentially suspect hamstring.

Not only that but I'd be throwing Moss jump balls like there's no tomorrow to test that hamstring out further.

Ah, back when Arnol was Arnol before the gelding

And the Chris Cooley reference, wicked pissah

Great strategy, I'm not kidding

revis called moss a slouch.

Moss did not miss a day of training camp, put in the work and was on time and present at all practices, preseason games, etc.

Revis sat on his couch, whined and played video games until the head coach had to fly to his home with hat in hand and beg him to return to the team.

Revis called moss a slouch.

.... p o t y ....

Unless he dislocates all the fingers that he uses to grab the WR's jersey, I don't think a hammy will be that much of a problem.

this x10000000

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that he holds the WR every play

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

What's pathetic about his "hammy issue" is I wouldnt be at all suprised to see it as them planting a seed for an excuse...If Revis loses his battle to Moss or the Jets lose, they will have this as an excuse waiting for them to give. "Well Revis wasn't 100% blah blah."

Something I could totally see the classless Rex Ryan doing.

I would think about putting Moss on the other side against Cromartie, and let the speedy sophomore Brandon Tate test Revis' hammy with about 3 consecutive go routes.

I would think about putting Moss on the other side against Cromartie, and let the speedy sophomore Brandon Tate test Revis' hammy with about 3 consecutive go routes.

tumblr_kqpzs9SIDv1qzub04o1_400.jpg

Do you have this mentality in mind for Dragon and Night Hawk? :D

Thing is, I fully expect the JESTS to put Cromartie on Moss and Revis on WWW or Edelman, if he plays. Cromartie is taller than Revis, IIRC, with a longer wingspan.

I see the JESTS playing a ton of Man to man coverage and sending the full package on blitz almost every down. I think that they will try and rattle Brady from the very 1st possession, and see how well we can pick up their blitz package(s).

Revis may have called Randy out, but it's their coaching staff who says what his job will be, and I expect that job, for this weekend at least, to be covering WWW.

Thing is, I fully expect the JESTS to put Cromartie on Moss and Revis on WWW or Edelman, if he plays. Cromartie is taller than Revis, IIRC, with a longer wingspan.

I see the JESTS playing a ton of Man to man coverage and sending the full package on blitz almost every down. I think that they will try and rattle Brady from the very 1st possession, and see how well we can pick up their blitz package(s).

Revis may have called Randy out, but it's their coaching staff who says what his job will be, and I expect that job, for this weekend at least, to be covering WWW.
If they do that, expect a ton of fast release throws to Hernandez, Crumpler and Gronkowski.

Gronk & Puerto Rican Cooley have exceptional mobility for guys their size.

Count me in with those who don't think this is so far fetched. I feel like we see this every time a player holds out. Camp helps you slowly ramp up to game speed. Going straight from working out on your own to regular season intensity can give anyone a nagging type of injury.

Plus, Fatso needs some excuses when NE beats his sorry team this Sunday.

0 - 2

Don't buy it. Belichick, Brady and Moss won't buy it either.

The rub there is that Revis cannot cover Welker AND Edelman at the same time.

Plus there's Breakout Tate.

Or the 3 stud TE's.

Depth.

Belichick has more high quality chess pieces.

I read this as the Jets trying to convince the Pats to throw the ball more often where they want it thrown. I'd toss the 'slouch' comments in this same bin. They know they can't cover everyone. This is a clear admission of that.

Thanks for letting us know where your worries are, Mr. Ryan, but honestly, we all already knew.

But just as a side note, if this is used as some kind of excuse down the road ... well that just doesn't fly. You can't fail to participate in training and then later claim your lack of game shape is not your own fault.

I dont buy it for a second. this is an insurance policy for revis in the event of failure.

If moss beats him and gets the upper hand, revis' excuse is he had a "tight hammy" but if he beats moss he can declare that he got the better of moss even with a "tight hammy" a win-win situation for revis.

The rub there is that Revis cannot cover Welker AND Edelman at the same time.

Plus there's Breakout Tate.

Or the 3 stud TE's.

Depth.

Belichick has more high quality chess pieces.

Something that struck me this morning about depth: Taylor Price is the ninth receiving option on this team. Ninth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back