PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Russo is as dumb as a box of rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just heard him on WEEI. He's not a troll, he's just plain stupid. he argues every talking point thats been fed by media...Why didn't jastremski go on National TV the nextday if he was innocent? why didn't Brady. Why did he go into the bathroom. Why would Goodell bring it this far cause he wants Brady to play? and the real game changer....wait....wait Why did Giselle wear a disguise when she went for cosmetic surgery after saying in the past that she wuldn't ever have cosmetic surgery? "it shows they(the Bradys) they use poor judgement.

Isn't this the clown that went on Pat Kirwan's show and the hosts spent the entire segment laughing at Russo because he was ranting and when asked if he read the Wells report replied "I DON'T NEED TO READ THE REPORT!!! HE'S GUILTY!!!!"

Which was met with more laughter.

The problem is he is representative of the average ignorant fan. They can't debate facts only ask questions of why did so and so do this and why did so and so do that? They have their answer already in mind when they ask those questions. They sidestep facts and draw conclusions based on speculation. The answer to all of their questions is always, " why, it can only mean one thing....Brady's guilty!"

Posted this in another thread recently…I can deal w/a lot of nonsense from these media types. Key is not to take them too seriously. But Russo became dead to me when this BS broke and he went on a screaming rampage against Tom Brady’s father for speaking out in defense of his son. It was truly disgusting. “Come on my show!” To an athlete’s father.

Roger Goodell has for 7 stomach-turning months viciously slandered his league’s top player and franchise in an attempt to get the spotlight off of himself and the true problems facing the NFL, including, oh, I don’t know, the long-term health of the players who make him his millions. But Russo doesn’t scream about that. He attacks a great player’s dad. That's borderline evil stuff.

Last edited:
The problem is he is representative of the average ignorant fan. They can't debate facts only ask questions of why did so and so do this and why did so and so do that? They have their answer already in mind when they ask those questions. They sidestep facts and draw conclusions based on speculation. The answer to all of their questions is always, " why, it can only mean one thing....Brady's guilty!"
|

"He's a witch!"

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail.jpg

Russo being dumb is nothing new.*

What works against the truth getting out there is all the false information the league put out there in the beginning and that you need to think a little to understand what happened/didn't happen. Combine that with people needing to admit their initial reaction was wrong and you've got a lot of resistance to changing opinions.

As for why the league would go after Brady, he's an easy target. Many fans have a built-in bias against his team, he was never the media darling that Peyton Manning is, and, more importantly, the NFL really thought they had him. Punishing Brady allows the league to show they don't play favorites and rehabilitates Goodell's image. The problem is, the league was ignorant of the IGL and decided to go after an innocent man. When the first inkling that they might be wrong crept in, they fully committed to framing Brady instead of backing off.

*I swear this story is true: I listened to a lot of WFAN in the 90s. Without cable, they were my #1 source for sports news. In the early 90s, there was a boating accident where several pitchers for the Cleveland Indians were injured, one fatally. Francesca and Russo were able to talk to someone from the local police (which seems surreal, looking back on it) who was at the scene. The police officer said the throttle in the boat was pushed all the way forward. After hearing that, Russo's question was "The throttle, does that have to do with the speed of the boat?"

I listened to a few minutes of it but when he was just spouting his opinions as facts like "Brady has no shot in court because the NFLPA gave Goodell power to do whatever he wants", I just got fed up and changed the channel (granted Toucher and Rich are just as clueless on this).

I know Russo is on Sirius, but he still caters to the NY market on his show. They don't want to deal with facts and only want to hear Brady and the Pats are guilty. It makes it easy on him. He doesn't need read anything. He can just spew the national anti-Patriots sentiment.

I also heard him say a few months ago that he knew for a fact that Brady was guilty. He claimed the evidence (which i'm certain he has not looked at) was overwhelming. Who cares what this tool bag thinks.

I just heard him on WEEI. He's not a troll, he's just plain stupid. he argues every talking point thats been fed by media...Why didn't jastremski go on National TV the nextday if he was innocent? why didn't Brady. Why did he go into the bathroom. Why would Goodell bring it this far cause he wants Brady to play? and the real game changer....wait....wait Why did Giselle wear a disguise when she went for cosmetic surgery after saying in the past that she wuldn't ever have cosmetic surgery? "it shows they(the Bradys) they use poor judgement.
I only heard a little of this and wondered what in heck Giselle in a disguise had to do with this and then I realized who the moron was who was spouting this crap: a box of rocks would score much higher on any I.Q. test.

At this point any 'talking head' that goes on public radio, discusses DefameGate, and doesn't bring up the commissioner's dishonesty(at minimum) can be completely and totally dismissed. This person is at best a low level thinker and at wrost another Goodell type scumbag.
Either way he doesn't deserve any consideration in this discussion.....

This is the guy that went on his radio show after the Giants lost the world series and said he'd sacrifice his kids to see just one world series victory.

They've now won 3 world series, if I was him i'd be spending extra time with the kids because there might be someone to collect on that deal.

Isn't this the clown that went on Pat Kirwan's show and the hosts spent the entire segment laughing at Russo because he was ranting and when asked if he read the Wells report replied "I DON'T NEED TO READ THE REPORT!!! HE'S GUILTY!!!!"

yes i belive it was russo, and i heard it. He IS as dumb as a box o rocks. I thought he was going to have a stroke the way he was carrying on. I thought to myself how does this guy have a radio show, hes an idiot? Then it hit me, his listeners are idiots too.

I'd appreciate it if the OP and the rest of you stop insulting boxes of rocks with this comparison. It is mean spirited and totally uncalled for.
seriously, my pet rock (bought in mid 70's) is getting upset.

He said the same thing a few months ago on D & C and Minehan killed him for it

"Did you actually read the Wells Report?"
"I read parts of it"
"So you didn't read it"
"It was 248 pages! I didn't read the whole thing"
"So you didn't it read but you know he's guilty"
"I didn't HAVE to read it to know he's guilty!!!"

No one with confuse Chris Russo with a member of Mensa International.

"Thats right, Mike!!!"

Idiot.

The business model for this channel???...just listen to Stephen A. and Russo.

1) Say nonsense loud...the louder the better.
2) Think that the louder you say and the more emphasis you put on key words, the more you yourself believe it.
3) Field calls from fan-bases who also never read the report but assume that since it was said loud and with emphasis, then it must be true.

Repeat Steps 1 & 2 & 3 for 2+ hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference