PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Jones Re-leased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitchen gone too. Bad week to be a Pats' DT.

So with the hyphen you are implying that the Patriots had Jones under a lease agreement - and not owned outright. Maybe they originally wanted to trade him in after the 36 month lease was up as he's been with the team 3 years.

When they re-leased him, the team believes he had low enough mileage and wanted to keep him under the old agreement.

Or....did you mean to say that they released him?

:p:p:p;)

Last edited:
Actually non-silly post:

Cutting Easley cost us cap $$, right? So in some way is it possible that we had to cut Jones to cover the cost of cutting Easley?

Actually non-silly post:

Cutting Easley cost us cap $$, right? So in some way is it possible that we had to cut Jones to cover the cost of cutting Easley?

No, because that would have had to happen within 24 hours.

Actually non-silly post:

hate to say it, but good point. Team took an extra big cap hit to get rid of Easley, next move was tweaking Gaffney's contract, this is likely more of the same. Have they made up for the cost of dumping Easley yet? If not, who's next? Why was Kitchen's cap hit? Could he be a similar move?

Ok - so not directly, but I've got to wonder if, in a roundabout way, whether or not the cap hit of cutting Easley made keeping Jones untenable.

maybe not had to, we had room enough to absorb it but need some slack for signing rookies after the draft etc. so it still could be needed to compensate. looks like they are working as much slack out of the current roster as they can. more attention to details than most teams.

Ok - so not directly, but I've got to wonder if, in a roundabout way, whether or not the cap hit of cutting Easley made keeping Jones untenable.
even if it's not untenable it's some slack that they can use. I wonder if the injury clause added for Gaffney is more favorable to the player, so he gets something for giving something up. Can they buy insurance to cover the risk clause, so that the injury clause could be a win-win where the player gets a better deal that's also better for the team, or at least doesn't cost them anything?

Belichick must love this DT class.

Belichick must love this DT class.

Or ****ing hated Easley.

Edit: Actually I can't imagine the Belichick that we know and love making roster choices predicated on getting a player at a certain position. He definitely seems to be more on the 'value' side of the Need vs. Value drafting spectrum.

Why? Chandler is in a better situation now than he was here.
How so? He still doesn't have a long term deal, he doesn't know the D and the coaches don't know him yet. He also isn't playing for a better team, org or head coach.

i'm just keeping my eye on tom brady's facebook page for news of him getting new wheels for his R8. then i can post (wait for it):
Where have you been all my life?

How so? He still doesn't have a long term deal, he doesn't know the D and the coaches don't know him yet. He also isn't playing for a better team, org or head coach.
Because they'll play him on the edge exclusively and he can pin his ears back and rack up a ton of sacks this year. He'll probably get the second largest massive contract for a defensive player next FA after Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back