PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Jones Re-leased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. You are going to believe what you want to.

You can find faults with Bill for a number of things but not maximizing a player's talents and production isn't one of them.

I just don't see AZ using him better than NE did.

Yep. It's amazing how people equate sacks with greatness.

Jones will definitely be better in AZ. He clearly wasn't put in the best position here, most people around here thought the guy more or less sucked. In the AFCC against Denver they played almost exclusively a 3-4 and played Jones almost exclusively inside at 3-4 DE. That's out of position for him and putting him in a situation to fail. Leads people to say he "disappeared" or "didn't show up" when really he was just used improperly at times by the Patriots coaching staff. That won't happen in Arizona.
This is wrong. They did not play him as a 34 DE in the afccg.
If you are saying he could get better stats somwwhere else that is possible but that doesn't mean he was not used right. The point is winning not stats at the expense of doing your full job

Aren't we discussing the idea whether Jones will have a "better" year in ARZ with respect to his impending FA? Where for him he'd really cash in, based for the most part on pure sack numbers, the gaudier the better. As most here have already agreed, (unless injured) he will have more of an opportunity to "get after it" in Arizona. This in turn should lead to more sacks (at expense of run contain) per play, which in turn should lead to some big sack numbers, and result in a better situation for Jones in FA. Not much question about it, IMO. Not sure why anyone thinks he was used improperly in NE, more that he should really light it up in ARZ based on how he'll probably be used differently there.

The Dolphins have claimed him, as per Bleacher Report. Sorry, I have no link. I read it on the ticker on my Android.

The Dolphins have claimed him, as per Bleacher Report. Sorry, I have no link. I read it on the ticker on my Android.
Confirmed by Pro Football Talk.

Interesting Jones is claimed but not Easley.

Interesting Jones is claimed but not Easley.
One is young and, though he has pretty much reached his ceiling, can still be effective enough to warrant a spot on someone's roster. And another one is young with the knees of an old man, and possibly degenerative for all we know, with questionable character. Still interesting? lol (being silly)

With that said, I was really hoping Jones somehow cleared waivers. I could totally have seen them bringing him back for a lesser contract (assuming he'd have taken it).

I always hate when a division opponent picks up our players.. good for Chris though getting back onto a ball club

I am hoping jones does well for Miami, except against us and he has 2 monster games a year against the jets.

On what? It they wanted to keep him they would have.

They wanted to keep Gaffney, but took that risk. It paid off.

It's not clear if they were taking a risk with Jones, but if they were, it didn't pay off.

Guaranteed salary (Easley) vs. non-guaranteed salary (Jones).

Easelys salary is small for anyone that believes he's a good player to bring in, and while I like Chris Jones the crying over his release as though Belichick made some risky gamble is truly idiotic. He's an end of the roster player and they get released all the time, it's no big deal at all.

It's not clear if they were taking a risk with Jones, but if they were, it didn't pay off.

How does anyone know who they want to keep and who they don't? The only way to know that is if they bring them back.

There is a decent chance he doesn't even make the Dolphins' roster.

If he becomes available later, and the Pats really want him, maybe instead of re-leasing him, maybe they can show a real commitment and try rent-to-own.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back