PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Hogan deserves a thread too ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Let's have a thread for Hogan then as well, shall we?

He not only shined on the outside but survived a couple of brutal hits that looked like finito.

And like the below article lists that's not all he's got:

He is on his way to double his BUF production despite being behind Julian & TE towers.

Quote:
In 40 outings with Tom Brady, how many times did Randy Moss accomplish such a feat — a catch 40+ yards and another of 60+ yards in the same game?

Man, if he can continue to get open deep, he's going to add a dimension to this offense that hasn't been seen in years and, should the pass protection hold up, make it unstoppable. Defenses will no longer be able to play the Pats as if they're constantly in the red zone.

I was prepared to give the Bills a fair amount of credit, and figure that Hogan could be good, but it would just be necessary to exercise some creativity to get production out of him. Nope, he's just good in the most general sense. The Bills, for some reason, couldn't figure out how to get production out of a pretty good receiver.

Makes me wonder how good Woods and Watkins could be if they played somewhere else.

I was prepared to give the Bills a fair amount of credit, and figure that Hogan could be good, but it would just be necessary to exercise some creativity to get production out of him. Nope, he's just good in the most general sense. The Bills, for some reason, couldn't figure out how to get production out of a pretty good receiver.

Makes me wonder how good Woods and Watkins could be if they played somewhere else.

Tyrod Taylor.

Hogan earned his 7-11, always open, nickname for good reason. If he had a QB that could get him the ball, he'd have put up stellar #'s while in Buffalo. Moving forward, it's going to be hard to not have this guy out on the field at all times.

He's been perfect so far, just need to take care with his body, that sweep against the Browns he took a huge and awkward hit.

Reminds me alot of Wes Welker, Jordie Nelson, and Brandon Stokley.

No but, really this guy can be a deep threat. For some reason teams think because his name is 7/11 they have to leave him open.

I think his blocking could use some work. He's an eager and willing blocker, and he seems to engage blockers well, but struggles a little sustaining the block.

I hope those deep routes he got open on are not an abberration. Either way he's going to get plenty of one on one looks with Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, Lewis commanding attention. And if they double Hogan, somebody else will be open. :)

Hogan earned his 7-11, always open, nickname for good reason. If he had a QB that could get him the ball, he'd have put up stellar #'s while in Buffalo. Moving forward, it's going to be hard to not have this guy out on the field at all times.

He is basically always on the field from the start of the season. Only the last game he missed more snaps due to 2 hard hits having to go through concussion protocol. The fact he returned on the field after that second brutal bang that looked like shoulder+neck+head injury makes him a 7/11 survivor - or simply - a cat.

I hope those deep routes he got open on are not an abberration. Either way he's going to get plenty of one on one looks with Gronk, Bennett, Edelman, Lewis commanding attention. And if they double Hogan, somebody else will be open. :)

I think it's a win/win already.

Even if they were abberations those successful deep challenges are on tape now and every opponent will have to spend time on that and also respect it at least a little. And if they don't then Hogan will continue getting those opportunities down the field..

I saw the thread title, felt bad about Hogan not having a thread, and decided to do my part.

thread.jpg

There you go, Chris. Keep up the good work.

It's a fair point. I had Woods rated very highly the year he came out, and I'm surprised he hasn't done more in the league. Watkins could easily be in the conversation with Hopkins, Jones, Green, and Brown if he had a more consistent quarterback.

Not to mention a year-plus of EJ Manuel, which is... even worse.

True that, plus there's the simple fact that Hogan was still learning to play football. He played just one season of D-III football, mostly as a defensive back. He was cut by two teams before finally making a 53 with the Bills.

It's nice to see those 1 or 2 per game long throws from Brady end up in somebody's hands. Especially since Randy left.
Let's not forget that we've had several WR's beat secondaries deep on several occasions in the first 4 games too. Edelman had 2 steps on the DB's in the Cleveland game and was just overthrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back