PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Hogan deserves a thread too ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom sure dropped those in like snowflakes. But Hogan definitely deserves a thread. that one terrible blown coverage I got nervous, because it's so easy to choke being that wide open. Never a bobble, though. Beautiful turnover with he and Mitchell considering age/injuries possible with edelman dola.

tumblr_inline_noh7odLEzj1raejea_500.gif
I don't get it, but any reason to give side boob for Marilyn works for me.

A legitimate deep threat on a 3-year contract at $4M/year. Good stuff.

But has anybody noticed how when he catches a pass, Hogan -- who is usually a perfectly normal-looking human -- suddenly develops Reche Caldwell eyes?

I dunno. He just really loves football.

I was prepared to give the Bills a fair amount of credit, and figure that Hogan could be good, but it would just be necessary to exercise some creativity to get production out of him. Nope, he's just good in the most general sense. The Bills, for some reason, couldn't figure out how to get production out of a pretty good receiver.

Makes me wonder how good Woods and Watkins could be if they played somewhere else.

Like many failing teams, the bills wasted money and draft overstocking on receivers.

The Bills traded the No. 9 overall pick as well as first- and fourth-round picks in 2015 to the Cleveland Browns to move up and nab Watkins at No. 4 overall.

Add to that, the second for woods and whatever else on receivers I won't bother looking up and you gave up a handful of starters at more crucial positions. [BB Econ major, knows what opportunity cost is].

Now, repeat after me "there is only one ball" One guy makes catch, all other receivers don't. High draft pick plays, somebody else must sit. If a receiver overachieves, you have to sit him because of big money contract of somebody else.

Aha! Cat-like speed! Finally!!!

Hes got some Troy Brown Danny Woodhead underdog in him love how he fits here.

He def has good speed but he's not allworld sprnter speed for a guy that seems blow past defenders pretty regularly on go-routes. There's something about his steady long stride - even when he turns to catch the ball, his stride is smooth and efficient.

He def has good speed but he's not allworld sprnter speed for a guy that seems blow past defenders pretty regularly on go-routes. There's something about his steady long stride - even when he turns to catch the ball, his stride is smooth and efficient.

That is actually what makes him dangerous. The defense seems to overlook his deep ability. It's probably why Slater can never get open deep because everyone sees how fast he is on st and just gets back. Plus Slater only has one route lol.

Reminds me alot of Wes Welker, Jordie Nelson, and Brandon Stokley.

Why do people make comparisons like that? The only thing he has in common with those guys is that he is white. The players you mentioned are slot receiver. Hogan is an outside WR who can stretch the defense.

Flatout GREAT signing. Brady is throwing the deep ball better than he has at any time in the last 10 years.(yes, thats what the #'s say). Hogan obviously a big part of that.

Why do people make comparisons like that? The only thing he has in common with those guys is that he is white. The players you mentioned are slot receiver. Hogan is an outside WR who can stretch the defense.

Not Nelson, but Nelson shouldn't be compared to those other guys either.

Heh that was the joke. I'm tired of Edelman being referred to as a slot guy.

Why do people make comparisons like that? The only thing he has in common with those guys is that he is white.

I think you missed the part of his post that said "No but, really..." :) IOW, that was the whole joke.

The sad fact is, a ton of people did look at this physical, 6'1" 220 WR with excellent straight-line speed -- and pale skin -- and instantly said "slot receiver only."

Some internet comments from when Hogan first signed (keep in mind that Hogan played in various spots for the Bills, NOT exclusively in the slot):

He’s pretty much played his entire career from the slot, and the Patriots have made a living on guys who can dominate those routes from the slot. He’d be out of place out wide

Another slot guy that we dont friggin need! My god billichick is a joke brady had one deep threat in his career and we went 16-0 we need to spread the field

Belichick has a good track record on signing those slot guys, so let’s hope for the best

His chemistry with Brady on the long ball is one of the stories of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back