PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check this out...watch your own NFL TV in-stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
For both our sakes, I hope these guys can come up with some type of interconnection charge and allow us football fans (and fans of worldwide programming in general)the chance to take our TV's with us wherever we decide to go! Or conversely allow us to go to other parts of the world when we do decide to stay home.

I'm sure they will... the day after I move back to the US!

Mine too! Unfortunately because of all the broadcasting rights that are being sold to regions of the World, it would take a huge amount of negotiations to ever have a direct tv service that has a global footprint.

Still it leads me to think that if they can get mobile phone operators worldwide to agree on roaming charges, can this kind of set up be far behind?

For both our sakes, I hope these guys can come up with some type of interconnection charge and allow us football fans (and fans of worldwide programming in general)the chance to take our TV's with us wherever we decide to go! Or conversely allow us to go to other parts of the world when we do decide to stay home.

A seperate English language DirecTV broadcast system over another part of the world would not be economically viable, as the number of potential subscribers would be far far short of those needed to offset the captial investment of such a system and leasing costs of the satellites. And there are technical and regulatory hurdles (good luck on the EU letting a U.S. company sell services in Europe). Your best hope would be to have an already-established operator add DTV channels to their system (as DTV does for World Cup games).

R

Yup, that's true. Unfortunately even if you have DTV, the operator still has to have a viable audience so he can make up the costs of paying for the rights to show that. In countries like mine where Football garners a very small amount of big fans willing to pay for the service, I don't think it's economically viable for the cable operator to do this.

Now if one was able to have a worldwide real pay per view service that allows the cable operator not to have to pay for fees but instead the viewer will pay the PPV fee and the operator merely gets a cut from that fee because the feed uses his infrastructure, then we would be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes