PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chatroom impersonations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There have been a few members in the chatroom tonight by the names of "BobGeorge, "Christopher_Price," and "mreiss."

I do not know if any of these are their actual selves. "BobGeorge" has been repeatedly posting "DIEEEEE," so I have serious doubts there.

"mreiss" has posted such notes as "BB gives Watson hand job," and that "BB worried about Chad Jackson lying about injury."

In any case, if there are people in there impersonating media members, and posting like that, that's a serious problem.

It was humor when "Jason_Chayut" and "Deion_Branch" posted, but most of the chatroom posters have been fooled with the latest wave, to say the least.

Maybe the moderators want to check it out.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
There have been a few members in the chatroom tonight by the names of "BobGeorge, "Christopher_Price," and "mreiss."

I do not know if any of these are their actual selves. "BobGeorge" has been repeatedly posting "DIEEEEE," so I have seriously doubts there.

In any case, if there are people in there impersonating media members, and posting like that, that's a serious problem.

Maybe the moderators want to check it out.

That was me. Just doing whatever I can to promote the blog...

Christopher_Price said:
That was me. Just doing whatever I can to promote the blog...

I figured that, but I don't know if you've been reading some of the other stuff from "Bob George" and "Mike Reiss," especially when "Mike" posts to check out his halftime notes at Boston.com.

Last edited:
i admit that some of those names were me during a commercial break, i'm not all of them though

When Bob George is a contributor to this site, and somebody comes in the chatroom under the name of "Bob George" and "confirms" it is actually "him," I really see a problem there. The chatroom has probably 30 people in there right now, and you don't know how many actually believe that is Bob George posting like that.

It's not funny. Period.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
When Bob George is a contributor to this site, and somebody comes in the chatroom under the name of "Bob George" and "confirms" it is actually "him," I really see a problem there. The chatroom has probably 30 people in there right now, and you don't know how many actually believe that is Bob George posting like that.

It's not funny. Period.

I agree, it is an issue. When I have to keep scrolling back past all of the stupid obscenities of people trying to PRETEND they are someone else, in order to read what people who actually want to talk are saying, its gone too far.
*****Ian, is there anyway we can change it so people have to actually use there log in and password in order to ensure we can tell who these annoying bastards are?? I would say its funny, but its not.

SoonerPatriot said:
This is worthy of a new thread?
Yes it is. I always log on to view the game. Pat1 does an exceptional job of keeping us informed. Tonight, I logged off twice, then finally had had enough. It was like a chat room out of Yahoo, not a Patriots game. WTF, all I want is to comprehend the game and listen to some fellow member's judgements. Tonight was a freakin' joke and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

SoonerPatriot said:
This is worthy of a new thread?

Were you in there?? Yeah it's worth a new thread. After all it is a legitimate issue.

scout said:
Yes it is. I always log on to view the game. Pat1 does an exceptional job of keeping us informed. Tonight, I logged off twice, then finally had had enough. It was like a chat room out of Yahoo, not a Patriots game. WTF, all I want is to comprehend the game and listen to some fellow member's judgements. Tonight was a freakin' joke and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

My bad. I was in there tonight only briefly. I just thought that if someone logged in as Willie or Deion or Chayut it would be obvious that it really wasn't them. But I can see your dissapointment thinking you are talking to one of them, and then you realize it's someone trying to pull a fast one.

scout said:
I agree, scout. It's gotten crazy in that room.
These guys are using regular posters names. I don't know how they do it.
I think Pats1 is being impersonated unless he really has that kind of humor.

BostonStrangler said:
i admit that some of those names were me during a commercial break, i'm not all of them though

I see little has changed for the better in chat since last year.

Bye.

SoonerPatriot said:
My bad. I was in there tonight only briefly. I just thought that if someone logged in as Willie or Deion or Chayut it would be obvious that it really wasn't them. But I can see your dissapointment thinking you are talking to one of them, and then you realize it's someone trying to pull a fast one.
Sooner, its not even that. Usually Pat1 announces a good game and you have "some" color commentary. Tonight, there was so much garbage that you thought the game was on constant delay. I wasn't offended or anything, just wanted to know how the game was going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of chat room problems, has anyone noticed that while you're on the chat console your browser will pop up with the para chat website and you have to click the back button to get back to the chat screen. It's highly annoying.

scout said:
Sooner, its not even that. Usually Pat1 announces a good game and you have "some" color commentary. Tonight, there was so much garbage that you thought the game was on constant delay. I wasn't offended or anything, just wanted to know how the game was going.

Gotcha Scout. I've had some computer issues tonight so I have not been in there as much as I have in the previous 2 pre-season games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there's both the real "Box_O_Rocks," and also a "Box_O_Testicles..."

363839 said:
I agree, scout. It's gotten crazy in that room.
These guys are using regular posters names. I don't know how they do it.
I think Pats1 is being impersonated unless he really has that kind of humor.

Actually that was really me with the whole "nuts" thing. It was a true story and then kind of took on a life of its own...

pats1 said:
Actually that was really me with the whole "nuts" thing. It was a true story and then kind of took on a life of its own...

LOL! ok.
Great job with the play by play BTW.

I thought it was a problem too in the chatroom tonight. Of course people know that names like Deion_Branch and Jason_Chaynut are not real, and that's okay if they contributet to the conversation, but problems arise when you have a poster named bobgeorge spamming DIEEEE and crap like that. Chatroom participation should require a regular user account on the forum. Just my two cents.

pats1 said:

That was just an inside joke du jour type thing, though. That happens every week. The problem was first the "players" and then the "media" and then the Bob George spamming thing. Some of the player stuff can be funny if it's done for a short period. During the draft you see it alot, you'll have guys come in with the names of some no-name the Pats just took and make fun of himself. It's funny and there's really not much going on during the draft in between picks so it's not a big deal either.. But during games it gets in the way of actual discussion, which is the whole point of the chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft