PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis says he's coaching in the NFL next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie says he won't sit out a year in his first exclusive interview since his firing. A few interesting comments:

and

Charlie Weis goes on the record

J D Sal

Well then here's my christmas wish....Santa....please bring Charlie Weis back to NE so they can win another championship.....oh and if you can find him in your bag.....could you please bring Romeo Crennel back as well????? Thanks Santa.......

Well then here's my christmas wish....Santa....please bring Charlie Weis back to NE so they can win another championship.....oh and if you can find him in your bag.....could you please bring Romeo Crennel back as well????? Thanks Santa.......

Santa's gonna throw his back out hauling those two sides of beef around.

I'd love to see what Weis can do here with Moss and Welker around.

Brady's years are running out... I really hope we can get some continuity back in the coaching staff and get Weis and/or Crennel back long term. And while McDaniels progressed to be a very good OC, I just don't trust O'brien right now. Labeau went back to Pittsburgh and that worked out quite well for them.

I'd love to see what Weis can do here with Moss and Welker around.

Brady's years are running out... I really hope we can get some continuity back in the coaching staff and get Weis and/or Crennel back long term. And while McDaniels progressed to be a very good OC, I just don't trust O'brien right now. Labeau went back to Pittsburgh and that worked out quite well for them.

People need to stop with the 'Brady's time is running out' nonsense. Hes 32 and still in his prime and has 5-7 years left of high-quality football left in him.

With that said, the way things are now, he won't be effective at 37. With an outstanding D, solid running game, excellent o-line and quality game planning, he'll be fine.

personally i would like Charlie Weis back in Foxboro

let' s see...

People need to stop with the 'Brady's time is running out' nonsense. Hes 32 and still in his prime and has 5-7 years left of high-quality football left in him.

With that said, the way things are now, he won't be effective at 37. With an outstanding D, solid running game, excellent o-line and quality game planning, he'll be fine.

5 years isn't alot of time especially considering how hard it is to win in this league. If O'brien isn't the answer can we really afford to waste another year with this caliber of playcalling, also Moss's contract is up after next season.

Its going to cost a team about 2 million a year for Weis's services. I dont think he is coming here.

5 years isn't alot of time especially considering how hard it is to win in this league. If O'brien isn't the answer can we really afford to waste another year with this caliber of playcalling, also Moss's contract is up after next season.

No but situations can be turned around quickly. Players added, removed, etc.
It can happen..

if he becomes a JET he is selling his Soul to the DEVIL and disrespecting the PATS Organization. BB. The Kraft's and TFB all at the same time.

Huge SLAP in the FACE... if this happens.

Kind of like Bill Pacells and Bill Belichick...

No but situations can be turned around quickly. Players added, removed, etc.
It can happen..

That's true, and I think JMD is a prime example of what patience can bring. It would just be nice though to have a staff in place for a 4-5 year period so we're not constantly having a learning curve. If O'brien does develop he's likely gone in another couple seasons and we have another year of this. Weis and Crennel are proven to be very good at OC/DC and will probably have nowhere to go no matter what success they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe