PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis may be looking for work on Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Charlie Weiss may be looking for work on Monday...

I had heard that CW was losing with the last bad classes of Willinghams recruiting years.
And that the next couple years will show if he recruited well.

is that true?
The best players he had were Willingham's.

How in the world do you remember that? 12 years ago...man, I was posting on the message board on Patriots.com until they began censoring the thoughts of those who didn't kiss Booby Grier's stupid, arrogant Kraft-kissing azz during the Petey Carroll years.

It's called being a fan.

Just yankin' your chain.

Wow -- RAC, Weis, Brady and Maroney all back at the same time. It would boggle the mind. Add a linebacker and a couple DBs and we're set for another run.

What thing doesn't fit here in this equation? RAC, Weis, Brady, and Maroney??? hmmmm.....wait a sec......Maroney???? Weis, RAC, Brady...all super bowl champions....Maroney....has yet to prove he can stay healthy for a season....and that he can play in the NFL.....so far, BJGE is running stronger and more effectively than lomo....

LMAO!:rofl::rofl::rocker: OUTSTANDING!

Congrats! You've just survived your first "Waxpoof" :D [bows deeply]

Whoa...Wax Tadpole? That's a blast from the past.

Chris here. :singing:

Whoa...Wax Tadpole? That's a blast from the past.

Chris here. :singing:

Chris. That name does tickle the ol' brain cells a bit. Jog me some more, I'm getting prematurely senile (always nice to meet someone from the Usenet Era again) :D

I'm beginning to think Josh McDaniels is pretty close to the mind of Weiss.

Maybe Romeo getting back will make our defense have balls again?

What thing doesn't fit here in this equation? RAC, Weis, Brady, and Maroney??? hmmmm.....wait a sec......Maroney???? Weis, RAC, Brady...all super bowl champions....Maroney....has yet to prove he can stay healthy for a season....and that he can play in the NFL.....so far, BJGE is running stronger and more effectively than lomo....

So far, that is a false statement by you. Maroney's stats for his career are better than BJGE. Also, BJGE has gotten all of 9 rushes in the last 2 weeks. That should tell you exactly where BJGE stands in the eyes of the Pats coaches.

Wow -- RAC, Weis, Brady and Maroney all back at the same time. It would boggle the mind. Add a linebacker and a couple DBs and we're set for another run.

Hopefully, coming off unsuccessful head coaching tours will provide even greater motivation for RAC and Fat Charlie. I remember the group hug they shared with BB after beating Philly (seems a lifetime ago)...I'd love to see them put together another 3-4year run.

In all reality, we probably won't see Weis back here. One of the things people seem to be forgetting was the contract squabbles that he and BB were having prior to Weis taking the ND job. The Pats were more than willing to give RAC an extension, but they weren't too keen on giving one to Weis.

Weis is a great strategist, but he's a mediocre field tactician. I said that about him prior to his leaving. Weis was not very good at adjusting while the plays were going on.

If Weis were to get canned by ND, then he has no one to blame but himself. College games aren't just about having talent. You have to win. Thats what brings the school money. And that is all the college game is about.

What about using Weis as a QB coach? After all, he and Tom are great friends, and I may be wrong, but I don't think the Pats have a QB coach right now...

What about using Weis as a QB coach? After all, he and Tom are great friends, and I may be wrong, but I don't think the Pats have a QB coach right now...

It think he could and should get a much better gig than Pats qb coach.

After getting beat 38-3 on national tv last night, the alumni are getting mighty restless...

Adding up the damage -- chicagotribune.com

Whatever it would cost Notre Dame to get rid of coach Charlie Weis, that number might be in play after a mauling at the hands of USC on Saturday night. The Tribune reported last week that the buyout was "loose change." ESPN reported it was "stupefying." Then Saturday, IrishIllustrated.com reported that the buyout for Weis was "at least" $10 million.

The other significant number to consider: .571, Weis' winning percentage at Notre Dame through four seasons following the loss to the fifth-ranked Trojans. That officially slides him below Bob Davie (.583) and Tyrone Willingham (.583) in the lineup of Irish coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back