PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis may be looking for work on Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Charlie Weiss may be looking for work on Monday...

"I'm dreaming of a Weis Christmas...
"Just like the ones I used to know...
"Where the referees whistle,
"and Raiders 'pissle'
"To see Paxton in the snow..."

LMAO!:rofl::rofl::rocker: OUTSTANDING!

I just find it fascinating to hear someone on the college staff complain that Charlie has an immense ego. That's an excellent example of "pot, meet kettle".

The most massive egos I ever saw were amongst college faculty and especially sports boosters. If you were a part of their club, you were told exactly where your place in the pecking order was, and you stayed there. If you weren't a part of the club, you were pretty much non existent. :rolleyes:

I think what did both these guys in was game situations.

Crennel, when Browns played Cowboys when they were down by 21 in the 4th quarter around 6-minutes to go in the game and it was 4 down and they kicked a FG. It was shorter enough that they could have gone for it. The FG did nothing, becasue they were still down by 3 scores.

Crennel has done this more than once this season.

Weis in the Navy game, Pulled all 1st string guys in that game becasue he thought the game was over. Someone forgot to tell Navy the game was not over. The worst hands team for and on-sides kick I have ever seen in football. The ND guys just stood there and gave up back to back on-sides kicks.

Weis also said that with HIM now calling the game, there will be no INTS and no turnovers becasue the players will know who is calling the plays. Meaning I am the HC and you will fear me.

Last edited:
I think we might be witness Josh's greatest coaching achievement right now, this season. He may, like Pioli, see the importance of the group and stick around New England. Weis and Crennel may be shining examples that the grass is most definitely not always greener.

And a Bill Belichick Disciple, I wouldn't be surprised is Josh plans to hang tight for a half-dozen years and wind up as the head coach of the Pats himself.

There's nothing wrong with being a career coordinator if you have a lot of freedom to do your own thing and are good at it. It potentially could be more secure, especially working under a coach like BB.

And a Bill Belichick Disciple, I wouldn't be surprised is Josh plans to hang tight for a half-dozen years and wind up as the head coach of the Pats himself.

Wouldn't shock me either. McD doesn't seem to be the same type of personality as a Mangini. McD seems very happy w his job. Why wouldn't he? He has Tom Brady and Randy Moss working under him. Can't beat that. Just hope the Pats compensate him enough to make it a no-brainer to stick around in NE.

Wow -- RAC, Weis, Brady and Maroney all back at the same time. It would boggle the mind. Add a linebacker and a couple DBs and we're set for another run.

haha, you said Maroney. I forgot he was on the team. strange

All Notre Dame should need to do is see the job that the former coach of ND did in Washington, and that should convince them about the paucity of talent Willingham brings in to a program.

Cutting Weis loose this year would be a stupid decision. The upcoming season should be the "do or die" year for Weis as the coach.

Of course, this is the same Notre Dame that signed Willingham in the first place, so making a stupid move would not be shocking to me.

If McD does get a HC gig next year, you cannot discount the relationship that Brady has with Weis. They are incredibly close so it would not surprise me at all to see him back, and to see Brady excel once again under his tutelage.

I had heard that CW was losing with the last bad classes of Willinghams recruiting years.
And that the next couple years will show if he recruited well.
Charlie has had three strong recruiting classes, most of the team is his now. I'm rooting for the guy, but losing to a bad Syracuse team may have been the last straw if the buyout really isn't there. If I were ND I'd give him another year as he's recruiting well and new coaches are far from sure things.

If he were fired and didn't get a HC job at a lesser college, I'd love to have him back if McDaniels leaves. Even if McDaniels stayed we could use Charlie in some capacity but if he McDaniels leaves I'm not sure who the in house replacement would be; Mangurian maybe.

If Weis needs work, he's more than welcome in my eyes (and I'm sure in the eyes of most Pats fans) to come back to New England.

I only want Weis back if McDaniels leaves. I think McDaniels upside as an OC far outweighs Weis (remember this is only McDaniels' third year as OC). If McDaniels does leave though, I hope the Pats can get Charlie back.

My thoughts exactly. I'm starting to really like what JMc's bringing to the table plus he's young and gaining experience every year. It's nice to know Weis could become available though, and if the stars align just right Josh and Charlie's career moves would happen within a convenient time frame:D

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we got RAC and Weiss back next year....

With all due respect to the current coaching staff, man that would be sweet :)

If there's a chance Weis could come back any chance that Romeo could be available soon.

Weis is only coming back if JM leaves.

Crennel, that's one I'd love to have back.

If RAC ever becomes available I hope BB hits speed dial.

I think it would be stupid of Noter Dame to fire him now. Admittedly I am not a huge College Football guy but I do know of his struggles since going there. But a couple of tough years has them forgetting how he did with Quinn. He has a freshman and Sophmore QB after that he should at least get a chance with this QB as a upperclassmen.

You are right, your not a huge College Football guy, CW has a lot more then just QB problems at Noter Dame.

Noter Dame does not even look like a good high school football team much less a division 1 college football team. They seem to have no identity as a team at all but rather appear as a collection of loose parts thrown together but not assembled into anything useful or effective.

Not for nothing but the only success CW has had at ND is with TWs players in his first two yrs at ND since then ND has been a disaster.

CW is not a college coach and he is not a head coach, he can't pick talent and he can't motivate or mold the ones he has to play hard and stay focused even in really big games against much lesser competition or at least what should be much lesser competition.

ND will be much better off cutting ties with him and the poor bloke who takes over the mess he has made has my sympathy.

As for me i do not look forward to CWs return to NE. I was never impressed with his play calling. He always seemed too call way too many low percentage plays, that seldom if ever seemed to work.

If you ask me TB was the reason CW was successful in NE rather then the other way around. TB made CW look good in spite of CWs poor play calling.

Josh is a much better OC then CW was as far as i am concerned and not for nothing but i find myself scratching my head way less often with Josh at the controls.

In all reality, we probably won't see Weis back here. One of the things people seem to be forgetting was the contract squabbles that he and BB were having prior to Weis taking the ND job. The Pats were more than willing to give RAC an extension, but they weren't too keen on giving one to Weis.

Weis is a great strategist, but he's a mediocre field tactician. I said that about him prior to his leaving. Weis was not very good at adjusting while the plays were going on.

If Weis were to get canned by ND, then he has no one to blame but himself. College games aren't just about having talent. You have to win. Thats what brings the school money. And that is all the college game is about.

Weis is only coming back if JM leaves.

"No way Bill Belichick comes to this team with Al Groh as our DC."

-PATSYLICIOUS in 1996 before Bill Belichick joined the team as a DB coach/Assistant HC.

How in the world do you remember that? 12 years ago...man, I was posting on the message board on Patriots.com until they began censoring the thoughts of those who didn't kiss Booby Grier's stupid, arrogant Kraft-kissing azz during the Petey Carroll years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye