PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charles Robinson picks Pats 6th in AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Charles Robinson of YAHOO Sports has his rankings up, and picks the NE Patriots as the 6th best team in the AFC. Not in the NFL. In the AFC. The story is accompanied with a poll of who is Pittsburgh biggest challenge, and the Patriots are not even a choice in the poll.

I cannot WAIT for these morons to eat crow.

As much as we trash some of the ESPN guys, Robinson has to be the WORST football reporter on the net. I've never seen anything like it. He is always wrong.

I love it all...dumb writers sumb predictions..more food for the no respet Pats....

incredible...

Someone needs to take his keyboard away before he hurts himself.

I think Y! Sports should solve the problem by hiring Rodney as their Office Strong Safety. Robinson's tune would change that same morning. :D

Bostonian1962 said:
Charles Robinson of YAHOO Sports has his rankings up, and picks the NE Patriots as the 6th best team in the AFC. Not in the NFL. In the AFC. The story is accompanied with a poll of who is Pittsburgh biggest challenge, and the Patriots are not even a choice in the poll.

I cannot WAIT for these morons to eat crow.
Do you have a link? I thought this was already posted in another thread, but cannot seem to find it.

"Charles Robinson of YAHOO Sports "

Something about the term "Yahoo Sports" seems to say all we need to know.

sweet, we get to play the "no respect" card this year. I love it. We play better when people don't respect us.

who cares what he thinks . if we dont play well this yr are we going to give charles robinson props ? i wont ..
i just ignore all these guys so early in the season..just fillers writing stuff for the off season...we can have as many disrespect cards as we want..if we dont have good players when the season starts , it wont matter.

Bulletin board material. Gotta love it! No respect...I think we've heard this before.

Last edited:
Piffle.

What's a Charles Robinson?

Never heard of him
Is he Edward G son?

Who eez Charles Robinson(In best Pedro impersonation)? I am
Tom Brady a 3x champion!! He is a nobody. I don't care about
Charles Robinson. I am Tom Brady!!

I read all the replies, and appreciate everybody basically saying, the man don't know squat.

To me, it's worse than that.

When these guys say, 'the Patriots lost their defensive coordinator', I remember how many thought Mangini was a negative last year. I also know that they were without their O and D Coordinator from the year before, and didn't seem to skip a beat. Somebody who writes for a major outlet should know all of this.

Some say 'they have lost the great Viniatieri'. Yeah, he was a great player that we all love. And I'm not knocking the guy, but he can't kickoff, and beyond 40 yards the 2005 AV was not the old AV. I love him, but it's just a fact. Trust me, this Memphis kicker is going to be great. I'll bet NEMs paycheck on it.:)

Robinson and others keep pointing to how we lost McGinist. It's not like there will be nobody in his position. TBC is 9 years younger than McGinist. Again, I love what McGinist brought to this team, but he's going to be 35 at some point this season. It's not like he's a Pro Bowler in his prime.

Peeps, this Patriot team could likely have their best OLine in a long time. They may have the best DLine in football. They have the best QB in the NFL. They have not had this kind of depth at RB in 20 years. They have the best TE tandem in football. Light will be back. Koppen will be back. Graham should be healthy. Dillon should be healthy. Harrison may even be back. Ditto Gay. Ditto C. Scott. Ditto several other players.
Our special teams has been greatly bolstered this offseason, or don't the talking heads notice this kind of thing?

I heard the same kind of things said about Woody, Ted Washington, Andruzzi, Milloy, and several others. Don't they learn from the past?

6th best in the AFC? I don't freaking think so. I'm leaning towards another Lombardi Trophy. I truly believe that, and we're in May.

SVN said:
who cares what he thinks . if we dont play well this yr are we going to give charles robinson props ? i wont ..
i just ignore all these guys so early in the season..just fillers writing stuff for the off season...we can have as many disrespect cards as we want..if we dont have good players when the season starts , it wont matter.

The very first thing out of my wife's mouth after the playoff loss to the Broncos was, "These guys (the Pats) will be back next year - with a vengence!"

She knows it. I know it. You should know it.

After a most trying 2005 season, BB saw (correctly) that it was the offense and special teams that let the team down. As he has done so often in the past, when something seems amiss with this team, he moves quickly and forcefully to institute changes to rectify said shortcomings. That's why the off-season and the draft have focused on those areas.

And, as in the past, these changes are most likely to bear positive fruit. This is a front office that knows, perhaps better than any team extant, just what it is doing.

...if we dont have good players when the season starts , it wont matter.

Oh, we'll have good players. We'll have them in spades. And they'll all be motivated. Not by the mindless pablum of empty talking-heads like the effable Mr. Robinson, but by that piece of hardware that was mistakenly given to Pittsburgh this past season, but which in reality should still belong to the Patriots.

The rest of the league will find out about this Patriots team in due course, and writers like Robinson will, unfortunately for them, have no choice but to follow.

And won't the resultant revelations flowing on the heels of that be sweet entertainment?

4. Indianapolis Colts –The Colts appear to have another draft class (beyond Joseph Addai) that will take a few seasons before making a significant impact.

6. New England Patriots – Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson were great pieces for the future, but the draft did little to replenish what the Patriots need right now.

CJ says that Addai will make an impact while Maroney won't. That's funny. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes