PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson on the Patriots [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, did you read my post? You dont only use advanced scouting on players. It was pointed at the coaches to be studied at a later date for the next time they should meet. What would be studied is human tendency, subconscience tells etc.. The tape would be analyzed to pick up on the jets coaches tendencies not their friggin defensive signals which will be different the next time they play.

Even the jets coaches aren't morons. They aren't sitting there with a small list of the same signals, only sending one out, thinking no one is watching and never changing them.

Just like in poker you can pick up on human tells about what cards a player is holding, it's possible to study the coaches (humans) and pick up on subtle tells about what kind of play they may be calling and in what situation etc...

Try to open your mind a bit and get over your bitternes/hatred/jealousy for the pats. Thanks

Okay first off it is advance scouting, as in "before the game," not advanced scouting, as in "scouting with advanced equipment."

Secondly, BB says we are doing this as part of advance scouting (for next game,) though I dont understand why we'd do that against the Packers. Of course, if it is just business as usual, why give this Estrello guy a day off, just in case we see the Packers again (unlikely as that may be.)

Thirdly, you ain't allowed to do it by video, and nobody else (apparently) does. Now, if stories come out that EVERYBODY DOES IT BY VIDEO, that's a different kettle of fish.

But at some points, however we estimate the impact of the practice, we have to admit the practice itself. The league doesnt allow it. We did it. Now we dont. We got caught, we got punished. Move on.

To the Bolts et al - this ain't why you lost. You lost because we played better. Get ready for more of the same.

PFnV

Re: Chad ?Ocho Cinco? Johnson on the Patriots

That was nice of him to say. I remember some funny back and forth he and Belichick had when the Pats played the Bengals, so I think he likes Belichick.

I don't blame other players and coaches for killing the Patriots over this, but it's comforting that not everyone thinks they suck :)

BB obviously likes Chad too. I remember it struck me just how out of character it seemed for BB to be engaging another team's player in banter this way. It got me thinking about a time when Ocho Cinco was Un Agente Libre.

Yesterday on EEI, Vic Carucchi was asked how many of the coaches he'd talked to thought this was a lot about nothing. He said about 100%.

People with half a brain realize it isn't what was happening that was the problem, it's the way Belichick disregarded Goodell's mandate, even if it isn't written in stone (league operations manual).

If it's such a devious and surefire caper than why did they suck when Bledsoe was throwing the ball in 2000?

People are right to say that Belichick was arrogant in letting it go this far, but questioning the capabilities of the people on the roster or wondering if the team is really any good is hilarious. Defensive signals didn't keep the Colts out of the endzone in January 2005, a good defense did. The Pats will go as far as the health of the roster takes them. That said, I still think Belichick did his players a disservice in painting a target on their backs for the rest of the season. Somebody important to the offense or the defense is going to get nailed by a player looking to make a point. He's owes an apology to whoever ends up on IR over this, not the shrieking women that call themselves NFL Analysts.

Okay first off it is advance scouting, as in "before the game," not advanced scouting, as in "scouting with advanced equipment."

Secondly, BB says we are doing this as part of advance scouting (for next game,) though I dont understand why we'd do that against the Packers. Of course, if it is just business as usual, why give this Estrello guy a day off, just in case we see the Packers again (unlikely as that may be.)

Thirdly, you ain't allowed to do it by video, and nobody else (apparently) does. Now, if stories come out that EVERYBODY DOES IT BY VIDEO, that's a different kettle of fish.

But at some points, however we estimate the impact of the practice, we have to admit the practice itself. The league doesnt allow it. We did it. Now we dont. We got caught, we got punished. Move on.

To the Bolts et al - this ain't why you lost. You lost because we played better. Get ready for more of the same.

PFnV

On your second point, they play the Packers every 4 years; plus, as has been written before, the team keeps records of all coaches because they move around. They can then look for tendencies. I believe BB said earlier this week that one thing the Pats would do to prepare for the Chargers was look at games coached by SD's now new coaches. Does this work or help? Who knows.

On your third point, the issue is still what they did. Making an unauthorized video for future use may be illegal, but not cheating. In fact if the camera had been on BB the whole time by a videographer without a vest, it would have violated the rule. But in that case, we would not have the travesty of questioning the accomplishments of people like TB and BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes