PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson wants out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thought Johnson looked as if he's lost a step this season? Now, it may be that he was just down about being on that crappy team, á la Moss last year, but it could also have been the beginning of the end. I would be a bit cautious about giving up too much for a 30 year old receiver coming of a down season.

If 90 catches for 1300+ yards is slowing down then sign me up.

Depending on the Bengals asking price it's not that unrealistic.
What's unrealistic is CHad wearing a HOF blazer on the Patriots sidelines, or having a checkoff list of opposing CBs in his locker, or sending PeptoBismol to opposing QBs.

All the bad boys BB signed: Rodney, Corey, Randy...none of them were showboats. Moss to a slight degree perhaps, but nothing on the lines of CJ.

Never say never, but I can't see CHad in a Patriots uni without a one year, cut-you-and-owe-you-nothing deal like the Pats.

I think Bill admires his talent and thinks he's harmless (when somebody else has to coach him). He's not nearly as malevolent as TO can be, but lest we forget he has had those kinds of moments too. Randy is very different from both of them, serious about football, doesn't suffer fools and keeps his mouth shut unless he's saying something pretty intelligent about football. Of course some of that is maturity born of age meets salvation...

I think as a counter to Moss, Stallworth works better on a lot of levels. Brings something different, seems to accept the inevitability of Moss dominating the unit, doesn't even have issues with the significance of the slot receiver's role. Somehow even if we were winning I think Ocho Cinco would struggle with that stuff, not to mention the standing gag order in season.

I can appreciate his frustration, I think the bungles remain a poorly run organization with a boatload of hyper sensitive offensive talent. I'm not convinced Palmer is all he was supposed to be on the field or in the locker room.

That said, give me Stallworth. He knows the system, he fits it and the locker room profile, and he's younger and signed through 2012.

If 90 catches for 1300+ yards is slowing down then sign me up.

I didn't say he was bad or anything, I just felt he'd slipped a bit compared to last year. His YPC, for example, is a full yard less entering into this last game. It's clear that he hasn't been happy in Cincinnati this season, and I mentioned the "Randy Moss" situation from last season, as well. My point was solely that I'd be a bit cautious about surrendering too much for him (someone had floated the notion of a 1st and a 2nd). This team picks very well in the first round, and that would be a big pick to lose.

Bingo. You nailed it. No way should the Pats take a chance on Chad. It's all about Chad when Chad's in town, not to mention his on field antics when Palmer doesn't nail him on the numbers. His body language is all about "you guys are screwing up and that's why we're losing"

Take a big fat pass on this guy.

I know, while I don't put him in the TO catagory...he has very bad , "team" issues with himself.

As far as his pouting I have seen several plays where CJ looked all pissed off and then yelled at Palmer and I am SURE that the "problem" was with Chad's route. The ones I saw did not require to know the Bengals play it was pretty apparent by where Chad turned or stopped he made the wrong read and they were on the same page just not the same paragraph. Now that doesn't mean that Other plays where you would eed to know Palmer isn't screwing up royally and that irritates CJ....but He is becoming a whiner.

If Randy were to walk, then fine, otherwise it's pretty lame to expect two number ones to be happy together.

I honestly don't think Randy walks, and I don't think that Chad Johnson is suited to be on this team. I'm open to see what happens if the coach thinks otherwise, but in my own opinion, Chad Johnson does not remind me of a Patriots. Corey did, Randy did, but not Chad.

Hey, I could be wrong, but that is my opinion at the moment.

Lets hope he throws his equipment in the stands and vows to never play for the Bengals again....

The past two "bad apples" have produced the highest single season rushing yards in team history (Dillion) and by far the best receiving season in franchise history (Moss).

If BB is ok and they can swing a cap friendly deal a WR trio of Moss, Welker Chad Johnson looks good to me. It would get confusing as hell if Chad Jackson is still on the team, their names are easy to mix up.

If he even had thoughts of coming here, he'd have to accept the fact that he would be the third, maybe fourth option. He couldn't handle that.

If he even had thoughts of coming here, he'd have to accept the fact that he would be the third, maybe fourth option. He couldn't handle that.

3rd or 4th?? He's a 2 or a 1A, easily if paired with Moss.

He said he would be welcome to the idea of returning to his home tome. His home town is Miami, Florida. :D

He said he wanted to win, remember? he's better off in Cincinnati, then.

I think Bill admires his talent and thinks he's harmless (when somebody else has to coach him). He's not nearly as malevolent as TO can be, but lest we forget he has had those kinds of moments too. Randy is very different from both of them, serious about football, doesn't suffer fools and keeps his mouth shut unless he's saying something pretty intelligent about football. Of course some of that is maturity born of age meets salvation...

I think as a counter to Moss, Stallworth works better on a lot of levels. Brings something different, seems to accept the inevitability of Moss dominating the unit, doesn't even have issues with the significance of the slot receiver's role. Somehow even if we were winning I think Ocho Cinco would struggle with that stuff, not to mention the standing gag order in season.

I can appreciate his frustration, I think the bungles remain a poorly run organization with a boatload of hyper sensitive offensive talent. I'm not convinced Palmer is all he was supposed to be on the field or in the locker room.

That said, give me Stallworth. He knows the system, he fits it and the locker room profile, and he's younger and signed through 2012.

I agree, on all counts. Just say No to the narcissistic goldmouth.

If he's willing to tear up his contract and sign a one year five million deal; I bet the Pats would gladly give up a 3rd round pick for him.

If he expects to keep his contract; I'm sure some other team will be willing to deal a 4th rounder for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back