PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I think. When you look at his skill set, They are pretty much the same as Deon Branch. They are about the same size, run great routes, and have good hands. Personally I think Chad would be an upgrade over Branch. He's tougher over the middle and much less injury prone.

So this deal would make perfect sense if you were going to dump Branch. It doesn't if you are just going to pretty much duplicate him. If the perception is true and what the Pat need iis a guy who is going to "stretch the field and be a deep threat Chad isn't that guy

Dude, Chad Johnson is 6'1". He's a classic big outside-the-numbers wideout. And he definitely is a stretch-the-field guy. Deion Branch is 5'9".

I'm afraid MoLewisRocks just fell off the limb he climbed so far out on.

This seems like everything we talked about last offseason.

Pats interest in Haynesworth and Ochocinco. ...it's just happening a year late.

Dude, Chad Johnson is 6'1". He's a classic big outside-the-numbers wideout. And he definitely is a stretch-the-field guy. Deion Branch is 5'9".

You're correct. The other guy is totally wrong. Branch and Chad are basic opposties.

Assuming it's true...how funny is it to recall 24 hours ago, when this board was full of posts saying "don't expect the Pats to make any splashes in FA," "you know BB won't sign anybody you've actually heard of..." etc. :) He's nothing if not unpredictable.

ESPN Boston just broke it

Assuming it's true...how funny is it to recall 24 hours ago, when this board was full of posts saying "don't expect the Pats to make any splashes in FA," "you know BB won't sign anybody you've actually heard of..." etc. :) He's nothing if not unpredictable.

Too true. If this Ochocinco thing is real the Pat's may have actually made the biggest offseason deals this year for a change. Not a very common theme.

Other teams have added more, but has anyone added as big of names? If the Jets somehow get Nnamdi I'd say they made more noise with him and Holmes, but as of now I have to say NE.

Welcome aboard Chad Ochocinco!!!

ESPN Radio Cincy is reporting this is done. Seems like it's wrapped up.

So true. Can I go mock all the debbie downers now?:cool:

I agree Sharp sucks.

Ditka picks the Bears to win a game between the Dolphins and Bills.

I find Steve Young to be the best but that's just me.

Anyways Ocho would be a great pickup. Hope it happens. I think he'd be good for 70 catches, 1000 yards and 8-10 td's.
I second Emmitt Smith for runner up for marbles in his mouth, but he must have gone to a diction coach because he has gotten worlds better. His HOF speech is proof. I don't think Sharpe is salvageable.

Young is OK. He's probably always handing out the 'Book of Mormon' in the Studio. Damn, that must be horribly annoying. He's a descendant of Brigham Young, as everybody knows. Freaks.

3 years deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand