PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson backs Patriots and BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already played for you guys once this year. Carson Palmer wasn't too happy about it, either.

You might as well have gone on a Catholics message board and named yourself Satan.:eek:

This guy wants to play here, I'm telling you. Too bad it can't happen.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say come next April, when the Patriots have SF's top 10 pick in the draft, if they aren't enamored with the selection, they should consider trading that pick to Cincy for Johnson, as long as he's willing to redo his contract. I'd think the Bengals would do that deal.

Well there were rumblings that he wanted out of Cincy and that Cincy wanted to get rid of him. We'll see, it would be an incredibly dumb move on their part to just outright release him and not get anything in return. I suppose it would be possible for us to get him. I wouldn't want to see us give up our 1st round pick. But we could deny Stallworth his option. A guy can dream can't he?

In other concerns, I don't know how he and Moss would mesh.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say come next April, when the Patriots have SF's top 10 pick in the draft, if they aren't enamored with the selection, they should consider trading that pick to Cincy for Johnson, as long as he's willing to redo his contract. I'd think the Bengals would do that deal.

They wouldn't trade a number 1 for him. No way...

Why would you make this trade, though? Stallworth is an excellent complementary part in the current WR setup. As the New York Yankees prove more often than not, it's not about having the most talent. It's about having the best blending of talent.

This is just totally based on the fact that he has a good relationship with BB. I'm assuming (a big one I know) that if Chad Johnson were to come to town, he would follow a team first philosophy. If he's playing for a guy like BB and a QB like Brady, that could just happen.

I think he's acting out now because the Cincy Team is full of weak characters with no real leaders (editorializing of course). Stallworth is awesome though so a trade like this would be very intriguing but in no way something one would do automatically. That option next year looms large in the decision making process methinks...

As has been pointed out by others, the NFL actually ENCOURAGES teams to run up the score, as you'll notice in their tiebreaking procedures

1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Common Games
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule
7. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
9. Net Points (common games)
10. Net Points (all games)
11. Net Touchdowns (all games)

Unless folks have forgotten, there's an other undefeated team out there and points scored could be an issue should both teams end the season tied for the best record.

So we're supposed to forgo winning a tie breaker because other team players have sensitive feelings?

Should we take a dive on "head to head" and "division record" tie breaking standings because we're worried about bruising their fragile egos too?

Geesh.

Great Point. You'll still see the whining though. I've noticed with all this stuff, opposing fans don't seem to let facts get in the way of their complaining.

Why would you make this trade, though? Stallworth is an excellent complementary part in the current WR setup. As the New York Yankees prove more often than not, it's not about having the most talent. It's about having the best blending of talent.

as much as i like stallworth, and i agree with him being a veryy good complement with our wr corps... i tell you i like stallworth more than cj on our team but donte will demand a lot of money by next season, idont think we can afford him and keep randy... he(stallworth) is young and havent had a big payday in his career yet.. and next year would be a perfect opportunity for him to get that... CJ on the other hand, i think, would gladly take a pay cut ala moss just to get out of the hell hole he is in....

as much as i like stallworth, and i agree with him being a veryy good complement with our wr corps... i tell you i like stallworth more than cj on our team but donte will demand a lot of money by next season, idont think we can afford him and keep randy... he(stallworth) is young and havent had a big payday in his career yet.. and next year would be a perfect opportunity for him to get that... CJ on the other hand, i think, would gladly take a pay cut ala moss just to get out of the hell hole he is in....

Stallworth can't "demand" squat. He's locked up long term if the pats feel they want to pull the trigger. There have been many threads on this. We can afford both, unless Moss wants 10M a year.

Stallworth can't "demand" squat. He's locked up long term if the pats feel they want to pull the trigger. There have been many threads on this. We can afford both, unless Moss wants 10M a year.

sure... lets say randy has a 6m/yr salary just like donte.... with CJ, he would probably command even less money... meaning we would have even more flexibility in signing other disgruntled veterans like jason taylor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back