PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franchise12 said:
Belichick and pioli had the oppurtunity trade up and nab santonio holmes who was regarded as the best reciever of this class, but they didnt. I've come to the conclusion the the pats chose chad jackson because hes shown the ability to quickly learn multiple offenses in college, wich will make his transition easier. hes played in spurriers fun and gun offense averaging big yards as a deep threat outside receiver and hes played in urban mayers complex offence (somewhat similar to weis offense)where he played the slot. there was an article a couple of weeks ago with Brady being asking why is it difficult for a reciever to catch on in his rookie year, his answer was that a reciever has to learn the responsibilities of each WR position. That means he has to learn the X, and Y recievers duty (wich hes done in college) and the slot (which he also productively done in college).
Chad jackson's mesurabules are overwelming but its his ability to catch on to different offenses especially an offense similar to weis' that caught the attention of Belioli. I think if he starts on day one hell be a nominee of offensive rookie of the year.

If you can really state with such conviction what WRs will have an immediate impact, you should be able to find a position in the front office of any team in the NFL.

That being said I like your points and your optimism.

One thing you mentioned is the fact that Jackson played under both Spurrier and Meyer. Aside from the nuances of both offenses, Gator WRs are often trashed as underperformers.

Thinking about Spurrier's approach to offense, it seems to me it's no wonder. The offensive discipline of Meyer should change that perception and track record, and I can't think of a better person to turn that around than Chad Jackson.

Thinking about Spurrier's approach to offense, it seems to me it's no wonder. The offensive discipline of Meyer should change that perception and track record, and I can't think of a better person to turn that around than Chad Jackson.

I get the feeling that the lack of success isnt a florida thing but more directly atributed towards spurriers approach. his virtical offense serves as a tremendous disadvantage to wide recievers coming into the nfl because if you didnt run an offense that required the reciever to run finely tuned routes then they never will learn. look no further than Bethel Johnson when he played at texas A&M, in college they ran a vertical offense where complex route running wasnt a requirement. Bethel never learned to precisey run routes at the next level because his three or four years in college and highschool didnt require him to do so, in return once he reached the highest level football had to offer he didnt have a foundation to build on his fundementals, so where as rookie recievers came in and sharpened their route running bethel had to learn how to RUN ROUTES altogether.the fact that chad has been productive in spurriers offense, proved himself in mayer's weis like offense, and picked up part of the patriots playbook in short notice during belichicks offseason stay in florida tells me that we have a guy that has an understanding of the game, knows the nuances of each Wr position on the feild. I just dont feel he's a spurrier reciever.He's a urban mayer receiver. Braylon Edwards would have been a 1,000+ yd receiver last year if he didnt get injured and he had Trent Dilfer and Charlie Frye. Chad and Braylon have pretty much the same measurables and abilities the difference is chad will have the best QB in the game throwing to him. why not believe he will be productive in year 1?

So you guys feel that the reason Gators WR have been busts is do to Spurrier having a non-structured offense? This is the first time I have seen an explanation for why Gators WR don't work out. The standard reasoning is that they are busts because the Gators WR that came out before them were also busts......

You know, in depth media logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes