PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS to air new professional football league in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's TEBOW TIME!!!

If they have a fast entertaining game, keep costs low and have a network behind them I see this as a no brainier. 40 guys on a team at $100k each. Keep annual costs $8-15M a year per team and you basically have the cost it took to make band of brothers for 80+ 2.5 hour episodes. Never mind ticket sales will offset some of the costs. TV Series Budgets Hit the Breaking Point as Costs Skyrocket in Peak TV Era

Agreed. The one thing I hate about the NFL is all those commercials. If they can keep the pace fast, it might work.

as long as they don't do some crazy **** like make it 3 downs and turn the field into a triangle shape I'd definitely watch it

On a positive note, this could become a kind of farm league for the real NFL.

I like to project my own preferences on the rest of the world FWIW. And make stuff up on the internet.
Who doesn't?

60 minutes and American idol are the only shows I've heard of on that list. Super bowl blows these viewer numbers out I would think.
I never heard of American Idol (or Kelly Clarkson). One night I was watching For the Boys and wanted to find Stuff Like There which Bette Midler crushes. Instead I find this...

And I have not watched 60 Minutes in decades.

And it's categorical. A ranking of the top TV shows will result in a list of TV shows, not necessarily what's got the world's attention. For example, when there are only four people left watching network TV, NCIS could still be the top show.

The Superbowl is an event. People watch it for the commercials and some people are in a room with a television but not really watching at all. That said, the #10 network show CRUSHES the #1 cable show and 20% of Americans rely on an antenna for television...

Parks-digital-antenna-ownership-US.jpg

Who doesn't?

I never heard of American Idol (or Kelly Clarkson). One night I was watching For the Boys and wanted to find Stuff Like There which Bette Midler crushes. Instead I find this...

And I have not watched 60 Minutes in decades.

The Superbowl is an event. People watch it for the commercials and some people are in a room with a television but not really watching at all. That said, the #10 network show CRUSHES the #1 cable show and 20% of Americans rely on an antenna for television...

Parks-digital-antenna-ownership-US.jpg

C'mon man! I just want to proclaim this TV thing dead so they'll start putting the NFL on Amazon. Play along!

I actually bought a digital antenna this year in my ongoing project to cancel DirecTV. I wonder if other people cutting cable/satellite and moving to a digital antenna + streaming firestick/roku is pushing ownership upwards.

C'mon man! I just want to proclaim this TV thing dead so they'll start putting the NFL on Amazon. Play along!
Sorry!

I actually bought a digital antenna this year in my ongoing project to cancel DirecTV. I wonder if other people cutting cable/satellite and moving to a digital antenna + streaming firestick/roku is pushing ownership upwards.

I fired Comcast ten years ago. I have sampled about everything over the years. I subscribed to DirecTV Now for a few months to get a free Apple TV. At the end of the three months, they added HBO and extended the intro offer indefinitely, but there is only so much Tiny Home one man can handle. Most of the people I help are simply trying to cut costs, but I helped my sister in Maine because her only option was DirecTV and she could only pick up SD feeds. Worse, her local channels were NY -- and the J-E-T-S suck! suck! suck! I installed an antenna and a DVR and they watch HD Pats and a bunch of other stuff. Her husband is thinking of installing an antenna at their home.

We've already ruined this thread, but, if you want to talk about your possibilities, PM me. Also, this is my blog...

Free TV For Me!

Start with Getting Started and work your way to the right. Good luck!

Zero interest in watching a bunch of guys who weren't good enough to make it in the NFL. The only way any league has a shot is if the money is the same as the NFL and contracts are guaranteed. Otherwise, no top tier players are going to sign with a team in that league..

I'd like to watch more football so I'm ok with this. Sorry for being an edgy contrarian guys.

Zero interest in watching a bunch of guys who weren't good enough to make it in the NFL. The only way any league has a shot is if the money is the same as the NFL and contracts are guaranteed. Otherwise, no top tier players are going to sign with a team in that league..
The way the NFL was last season do you really think there will be a difference in quality?

As an aside, I had no idea Rachel Maddow drew that many eyeballs. She's not getting any at my house, I can tell you that.
Getting so few eyeballs there that it is noteworthy enough to post about? Impressive. :)

Getting so few eyeballs there that it is noteworthy enough to post about? Impressive. :)
Not quite sure what you mean. I've never watched her, and I was more than a little surprised to see she was drawing such high ratings. But then again, I have never watched NCIS, either, and they are #1.

Not quite sure what you mean. I've never watched her, and I was more than a little surprised to see she was drawing such high ratings. But then again, I have never watched NCIS, either, and they are #1.
Just bustin your chops mang. Have a good weekend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes