PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS to air new professional football league in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
CBS to air new professional football league in 2019 | Daily Mail Online

"On Tuesday, Charlie Ebersol, the son of longtime network executive **** Ebersol, unveiled the Alliance of American Football, which will have a 10-week season and feature eight 50-man rosters. The season will not compete directly will the NFL and will instead be played in the late winter and spring."

"In addition to former Buffalo Bills and Indianapolis Colts general manager Bill Polian, Charlie Ebersol tapped former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu to serve as a player relations executive. Hines Ward, who also played for the Steelers, and former New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck are involved on that end as well."

Hmmm CBS Scene will be interesting

Wonder how the NFL feels about CBS backing this. I could see the league letting NBC take over the CBS package in 2021.

Like father like son....

not sure how I feel about this. Could be cool, but could be stupid.

Will this compete with the XFL?

These new suicidal football leagues always feel like one of those schemes from The Producers where the purpose is to make a failure to dodge taxes or whatever.

Unless one is a senior citizen, sports is the only reason for the old networks to exist. Maybe they are grasping for new relevant programming.

I have to wait and see once it happens. I don't know if I am ready for a longer football season.

Anything goes league? Will they allow vicious hits and body slams? clothesline tackles? facemasks?

If so this would be a good counter to the NFL. I like gladiator football.

The one league I did enjoy was the USFL.

I wish the Breakers stayed in Boston.
I would have paid to see Marcus Dupree play.

So, while no one was paying attention, Charlie Ebersol (son of **** Ebersol) Bill Polian, Jared Allen, Troy Polamalu, and Hines Ward (amongst others) have joined together to form the Alliance of American Football.

There will be No kick-offs (for player safety *sic*).
There will be no Point After Attempts, only 2 Pt. Conversions.
It's set to start the week after the 2019 Super Bowl. 1st game will be aired on CBS.
It's Championship weekend will be in April before the draft. This will be Aired on CBS.

Charlie Ebersol And Hall-of-Famer Bill Polian Launch Alliance of American Football

Bill Polian is in the NFL hall of fame???

Another participation trophy???

This will be just yet another massive turd of an investment. Hope they didn't sink too much money into it. Well, not Polian. I sincerely hope Polian put his life savings into it. They need to take a couple of years to figure that out. Not rush it out in one year.

This will be just yet another massive turd of an investment. Hope they didn't sink too much money into it. Well, not Polian. I sincerely hope Polian put his life savings into it. They need to take a couple of years to figure that out. Not rush it out in one year.
They need to bring Mike Kensil back from Siberia. The NFL would be in big ****ing trouble, so to speak.

Idk. I'm kind of excited about it. Any word on the teams?

ETA: Teams announced over the next couple of months. If there is a NH team I'd be ****ing stoked

Will this compete with the XFL?

No, because the XFL will never get off the ground because the AFF is debuting first. They will likely grab all the 8 major football cities and the market share is just so big. Competing with NBA, NASCAR, NHL, PGA and NCAAB is already an up hill climb.

According to the AFF website most of the primary complaints about the NFL will be addressed. Low ticket prices, reasonable cost of stadium food, less stoppage in play, fewer commercials on TV, fan/player interaction bonuses.

A local player draft. Every region could have guys that were fan favorites in college but just didnt make it to the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back