PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS stops broadcasting game after 52-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was totay crap for me.

They blacked the game out on the 700 channels of direct TV because it was on locally. When they turned it to the Jets game on CBS, it still never came back on on the Sunday ticket.

Total freaking crap. It's not about that they won. I pay to see all the freaking games. That was BS

Great day no doubt, but would be happier with a 52 to 0 score and use that last td in the Denver game. :cool:

And I would be happier with 3-0 and using the 56 next points in 28 games, a winning safety :p

Well, it depends on where you live. In New England they're still broadcasting it.
I'm glad they didn't try to pull that stunt on me or I would have dive bombed Jim Nantz's hair.

That sucks that they switched it and left it blacked out on the 700 channels. It wasn't on locally here in San Diego so I got to watch all of it on the Sunday Ticket. I would ask for some sort of compensation for that from DirecTV? I'm not sure what the rules are, but that just doesn't seem right to me.

God, I hope someone tapes this game. I would buy a VCR just to watch it. Seriously, I've seen almost none of the game. If someone is recording it I will give you my firstborn, money, and maybe a Pats something or another that I have. (I'll think of something.)

-Rob-

You can see highlights here

Super Fan Game mix keeps all the feeds ( at least where I live )on Directv. Channel 702-1.

Strange... I wasn't affected on sunday ticket. Watched all of the NE exhibition. Then they switched to the **** Jauron exhibition on how NOT to coach football.

Last edited:
Yeah I was so ticked off, I watched a little of Philly-Oakland on FOX.

I have 2 CBS channels on my dish and they cut to the Jets game. Even the CBS on the Sunday Ticket package carrying the Pats game cut to the Jets game. About 10 minutes later the game came back on the Sunday Ticket channel. I wonder how many ppl called to complain about losing the game?

Same here in West Texas. The Sunday Ticket was unavailable and remained unavailable because the game was on regular television. It was like a Jets fan had the remote control and changed the channel on me.

I figured there were plenty of calls as this is the first time the game has not been on regular television here so the first payback on the Sunday Ticket payments this season.

This is what I love about the Sunday ticket, first they had the opening kickoff (the national broadcast was still (rightly so) with the Minn/Baltimore game, then they only blacked it out long after the game was on the national broadcast, and then a few minutes after the natioal broadcast switched to the Jests, they turned the game back on!!!!!

Down here in my part of NC..the CBS game this week was Bills/Jets

I was watching on Sunday ticket and had no interruptions of the Pats game unless it happened when I went to the fridge to get something to eat or drink

They definitely switched my Sunday ticket for a few minutes and steam was coming out of my ears. I pay for Sunday ticket to see the Pats play, period. But then it switched back and all was well.

They definitely switched my Sunday ticket for a few minutes and steam was coming out of my ears. I pay for Sunday ticket to see the Pats play, period. But then it switched back and all was well.
Yep, that had me fired up enough to be looking for contact information before the game came back. :mad:

I was able to get home from the game and catch the end of the Bills/Jets game. Considering that as well, yesterday was an extremely good day. :D

I have Sunday ticket and live in Maryland. I couldn't see the beginning of the game on Sunday ticket because it was blacked out, since it was broadcasting locally on the Baltimore station. But, the Vikes - Rat birds were still on. When the game was finally switched to the Pats, after 4 minutes of commercials, they played 1 play and then went to another 5 minutes of commercials and feeds concerning the Ravens. I kept switching back to Sunday ticket, only to see the blackout message.

And then they switch to the jets game! I was like Box, ready to call Directv, but at least they turned Sunday ticket back on, after about 5 minutes. :mad:

I'm a bit surprised so many people are saying the game didn't come back on on their DirecTV Sunday Ticket. They always do that. If a game is being shown on a local channel it's blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel, but if it is taken off the local it always comes back on on the Ticket channel after a few minutes. I only missed a little of the game yesterday.

If this happens to you often you should definitely call or e-mail them and complain. I think they're obligated to do that by the NFL.

Also, on the Ticket channel they were initially showing the Vikings-Ravens, and I was switching back and forth between that and the local channel. In the past when that happens (i.e. the game on the local channel is delayed because the early game is going late) Ticket usually starts showing the game when it starts, then eventually turns it off after the local starts showing it. Unfortunately I got mixed up and thought I was watching the Ticket channel when I still had the local on, so I missed our game's opening kickoff. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back