Catching Up with the Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Catching Up with the Patriots Practice Squad
By: Derek Havens

.In the last couple of days, the New England Patriots made a couple of transactions to their practice squad. In light of this, I figured I would catch up with the current group....

can someone explain garrett mills to me? he's been around the league for a few years..........he also appears to be the most closely matched to harnandez in terms of what he can do.

is tehre a point to his existence if he will not be given an opportunity with hernandez out? I understand the requirement to waiving him before putting him back to the practice squad, but he just sounds like a wasted PS spot....there could be another defensive prospect there

can someone explain garrett mills to me? he's been around the league for a few years..........he also appears to be the most closely matched to harnandez in terms of what he can do.

is tehre a point to his existence if he will not be given an opportunity with hernandez out? I understand the requirement to waiving him before putting him back to the practice squad, but he just sounds like a wasted PS spot....there could be another defensive prospect there

Here's my take on things:
1. They want a Hernandez backup
2. With Hernandez out, they want to use said Hernandez backup
3. There are too many injuries at other spots to keep a spot for Hernandez plus a spot for his replacement.

Basically, we'll see Mills either when Hernandez is hurt but the rest of the roster is healthier than it is now, or if Hernandez is put on IR (not saying it'll happen) and opens up a roster spot.

Mills is just insurance...nothing more....

Nice to have depth waiting on the PS....

BB was pi$$ed that Minny grabbed him after BB tried to get him on their PS,,,,Their then ahole coach bagged him so BB grabbed a player he thought the Vikes wanted to stash...

Can someone explain to me how he can still be practice squad elligible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back