Trent Edwards: 1,436
Matt Cassel: 1,362

Completion Percentage
Chad Pennington: 69.3
Brett Favre: 68.5
Trent Edwards: 67.9
Matt Cassel: 67.8

Irrelevant stats.

For these type of voting polls you only need to know one thing.... what laundry the guy wears. Vote for Matt!

Irrelevant stats.

For these type of voting polls you only need to know one thing.... what laundry the guy wears. Vote for Matt!

Never, I want the results posted on his locker for motivation.

Never, I want the results posted on his locker for motivation.

Then I'm guessing you don't want him to know about these stats:

AFC East Quarterbacks on Third Down:
Quarterback Comp % / TD-Int / Rating
Matt Cassel 65.3 4-1 108.9
Trent Edwards 68.1 0-0 91.2
Chad Pennington 51.0 3-3 59.3
Brett Favre 67.6 1-6 57.7

NFL Quarterbacks on Third Down:
Quarterback Comp % / TD-Int / Rating
Aaron Rodgers 66.2 9-2 120.3
Drew Brees 67.1 4-0 118.5
Tony Romo 61.3 6-1 115.7
Matt Cassel 65.3 4-1 108.9

Favre,Edwards and Pennington are better than Cassel at this point so he is where he should be at this time

Cassel is a game manager as a starting QB sub, not a guy who must carry the team on his shoulders like Favre and Pennington have to do

TDs
Brett Favre: 15
Chad Pennington: 7
Trent Edwards: 7
Matt Cassel: 7 (Three way tie)

INTs
Chad Pennington: 3
Trent Edwards: 3
Matt Cassel: 6
Brett Favre: 11

Rating
Chad Pennington: 100.5
Trent Edwards: 92.9
Brett Favre: 89.5
Matt Cassel: 84.6

Passing Yards
Chad Pennington: 1,710
Brett Favre: 1,611
Trent Edwards: 1,436
Matt Cassel: 1,362

Completion Percentage
Chad Pennington: 69.3
Brett Favre: 68.5
Trent Edwards: 67.9
Matt Cassel: 67.8

I thought he had a much higher passer rating, but I think most are correct that on paper he is the worst in the AFCE

Re: Cassel getting hammered in NFL poll.

Whats the issue? Cassel is not as good as any of the guys listed on that poll at this point.
I'd rather have Cassel than Pennington, wouldn't want Favre at all, not now, not ever. Edwards may be another story. Give him a year in the Pats system and he'd be good to go.

Favre,Edwards and Pennington are better than Cassel at this point so he is where he should be at this time

Cassel is a game manager as a starting QB sub, not a guy who must carry the team on his shoulders like Favre and Pennington have to do

Give me a game manager over a guy like Favre who keeps even crappy teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Bengals in games because of costly turnovers. brady was a game manager in 2001 and he won a Super Bowl. I know Cassel isn't Brady, but a game manager isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
NFL.com is running a poll.

Who is the best QB in the AFC East?

Cassel is getting creamed.

Vote and change that.

6% Matt Cassel, Patriots

42% Brett Favre, Jets

13% Chad Pennington, Dolphins

39% Trent Edwards, Bills

Although this poll is not as important as voting in the AFC defensive player of the week for Richard Seymour

NFL.com GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week Watch Highlights and Vote

Vote for Matt.

What is hilarious about this poll is that Chad Pennington is actually having a better year than Favre and I think Edwards is too. It just goes to show you how much of an effect popular public opinion has.

I thought he had a much higher passer rating, but I think most are correct that on paper he is the worst in the AFCE

He had a stronger game this past Sunday than the week before but his passer rating showed just the opposite. It's a pointless stat.

What is hilarious about this poll is that Chad Pennington is actually having a better year than Favre and I think Edwards is too. It just goes to show you how much of an effect popular public opinion has.

Pennington's been one of the best QB's in the league this year, let alone the AFC East.

Pennington's been one of the best QB's in the league this year, let alone the AFC East.

I always thought that Pennington's major problems was the team and coach he played for. If he continues to play to the same level all year, this could be proven correct.

I always thought that Pennington's major problems was the team and coach he played for. If he continues to play to the same level all year, this could be proven correct.

I agree. I always thought Pennington was a scary QB to play against. His accuracy is second to none, and he makes up for lack of arm strength with good decision making.

Let's put it this way, if this team had Pennington at QB rather than Cassel after the Brady injury, I'd have felt much more confident about a possible Super Bowl run.

I agree. I always thought Pennington was a scary QB to play against. His accuracy is second to none, and he makes up for lack of arm strength with good decision making.

Let's put it this way, if this team had Pennington at QB rather than Cassel after the Brady injury, I'd have felt much more confident about a possible Super Bowl run.

Cassel will turn out to be better than Penny and with a crazy deep-ball to boot. I think they both are suffering from underratitis. In Chad's case it's a long-term condition a stint in Miami may cure.

Last edited:
Re: Cassel getting hammered in NFL poll.

You would rather have Edwards and Penni leading your team in the fourth Q of a playoff game than a HOF QB?

You are far to biased to form a fair opinion on this.

I like Pennington a lot. I think I'd rather have the predictable Pennington than the loose cannon Favre. I also think that Pennington would have been a great fit for the Patriots offense.

I haven't seen enough of Edwards to have a real good opinion of him. I've seen way too much of Favre. ;)

I never have understood that kind of thinking.

I would take cover immediately.

300px-happy_fun_ball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes