PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Maroney may outshine Bush by seasons end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point in denigrating Reggie Bush. His presence in that offense has galvanized the whole team and led to scoring and opportunities for other players. The O-line in NO is very young (they have a Div II rookie starting) and inexperienced. His game was never about leading the league in rushing. His performance is more about combined yardage via rushing and receiving. His averages may suffer this year early, but all it takes is one 50 yard run to even that out. By next year he could easily be an 800-1000 yard rusher, 800-1000 yard receiver, a hybrid back/receiver like the league hasn't seen except for M. Faulk. Even R. Craig got most of his receptions out of the backfield, not lining up as a wideout; same with T. Barber.
As for Maroney... who does he remind anyone of? Who does he run like? NO ONE. That's how you know he's special. Every truly great running back looks like noone else, has their own style. The closest I can think of is maybe a very young Ricky Watters with the 49ers. But I think Watters had a little more power, a little less speed and elusiveness, but brought a similar energy to the team.

Last edited:
FloridaPatsFan said:
Something else that not many people want to talk about around the league yet is that we also have the best WR in the draft too.

I love CJ as much as anybody. as a Florida fan I have seen many of his games and came away SHOCKED we got him in the 2nd. but right now I would have to say Colston of the Saints is the best Wide Out of the class. not to say CJ wont be better in the future, but Colston is playing like a champ for a 7th freakin rounder.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
I got in an arguement with Browns fans yesterday by simply stating that Maroney is the best pick of the first round as of now (combining ability and draft position). I should give them this link but I think I lost interest at some point.

Although I did like this quote from one of the Browns' fans :

"This kid runs like a throwback, think Earl Campbell and Jim Brown highlights. He's got speed, power and vision. This comparison is obviously hyperbole at this point, but he looks amazing. He's is definitely the next star at RB.

Let's not get too carried away. I like what I've seen of Maroney, but Brown is the best running back ever, and bigger and probably faster than Maroney and Campbell is also in the hall of fame.

Willie55 said:
Bush - 147 yards rushing, 3.3 avg. O TD's

Maroneny - 294 yards rushing, 4.9 avg., 3 TD's.

I think the outshining has already begun.

Maroney is a pure RB. Bush is an offensive weapon.

I hope Maroney does well, very well but I also hope he doesn't get overly pimped by the media and the NFL...we play better when we get no respect...so now is not the time to start getting it.

As for Maroney... who does he remind anyone of? Who does he run like? NO ONE. That's how you know he's special. Every truly great running back looks like noone else said:
Excellent comparison!

Maroney not only has the skills he has the right attitude. My favorite quote after this week's game was....every time I touch the ball I am thinking touchdown.

BelichickFan said:
For the love of God, don't even mention Maroney and the Broncos or Colts - could you imagine him in those offenses ? :eek:

This has been mentioned before of course, but NOW, based on how Maroney has played, it is almost as great a benefit for us from keeping him away from the Colts.

Imagine if Maroney was the replacement for James rather than Addai, not only would the talking heads be annointing the Colts more than ever, they may actually have a point. Maroney would be absolutely lethal in the Colts offense.

Glad he's ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore