PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carfardo's Sunday column...why does he do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the first half of the year on Mangini if ypu wish. IMHO, he did a poor job because he was given exactly ZERO middle linebackers to work with, except Vrabel, who was injured. In addition, the defensive backs kept going on IR. I guess a coordinator has to work with what he has, so Mangini was a failure. Surely, Crennel would have had no problem being effective with Chad Brown, Beisel and Chaham as his ILB's and and Starks starting at CB. The first half schedule was a nightmare. That we survived with a chance at the playoffs was a testament to a great effort by everyone (especially Brady). In the last half of the year, our defense was the best in the league (or very, very close), and that with six defensive backs on IR. We ended up with a rookie starting at corner, a walk-on starting at safety and a rookie safety as our nickel, and this is a lousy coaching?

Think again! The defensive coaches did their jobs last year. It is not the defense that ultimately kept us from the championship game. It is not defensive issues that caused bb to draft almost an entire offense. It is the not the defense that has Brady wearing a brace.

mark

BradyManny2344 said:
"For a first year coordinator" is a pretty important note. Who cares if a guy did a good job for a "first year" guy - they either did a good job or not. Belichick certainly doesn't care how long they've been doing the job. And the fact is, I think Mangini did a poor job, and apparently a lot of players on the team were upset with how passive he had them playing for the first half of the season (from Felger, take with grain of salt).

mgteich said:
I must continue to repeat the mantra of many posters

"All players or coaches who chose to leave are washed up, and nowhere near the contributer to the patriots that we thought they were before they left. They all will fail because they no longer have talent; it is the rest of the patriots that made them great"

Having said that, I don't think that Eric Mangini is ready to be head coach. He was just learning to be a defensive coordinator" I do think he did a fine job last year, for a first year coordinator.

Made me laugh Mgteich. Yes I do believe Eric has pledged allegiance to the dark one now.:D

Let's face it, it's a puff piece and none of the statements are untrue, though they might be overemphasized.

Nicky's kissing a little butt hoping for access. God knows he hasn't had any here for years.

Last edited:
They only do this for your attention...

BelichickFan said:
Or this little tidbit :

"Mangini likes the idea of moving his defensive linemen around, much the way he did in New England."

It's a little misleading to give Mangini credit for something that's happened for years when he was DC for just one year.

Yes, he did move the defensive linemen around in the second half of the season--he moved them back over to BB's lap so he could coach them.

Nick Cafardo, back in 2001 was a sense of realisim with the Pats, he felt they could achieve dynasty status, but then something happened between 2003 and 2005, he is so anti Bill Belichick and Pats its pretty obvious, something happened in Foxboro.. Reading his grade for the Pats offseason, he says that he does not give us credit for signing seymoer because any smart team would resign him... Stil wont let go the Adam Vinateri thing, at least wait till nov 5th before bringing out the Adam V thing..

It is surprising...he was a lot better than...did Wrong sort of rub off on him?? Seems like he was fgood and then worse..which is really the surprising thing.

You guys must not have gotten the memo.....

Carfado flat hates the Pats for trading Bledsoe, and this is virtually all he wrote about for like the first year that Bledsoe went to Buffalo. I refused to buy his book mainly because it seemed to express this view throughout. At least the quotes from the book did.

That also coincides with SEAN PA PAT's time line of Carfado slipping to the dark side....

One of several reasons Borges hates Belichick as well! Bledsoe was Borges's inside source on how 'incompetent' Belichick was, and how he was 'losing' the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft