PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Car registered to spikes found on highway after crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left that softball up there for you for over an hour. Finally, I had to comment. You're getting slow these days--at least at 4:00 am, anyways.

I've got to do other things, at this time of year, even when I'm having a bout of insomnia. Tonight, I've been prepping for what should, hopefully, be the last big week of yard/garden work of the summer. Things have fallen about 3 weeks behind because of some non-functioning equipment, so I've got to make that up. Tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, (japanese) eggplant and the like are going in the ground tomorrow, and so on...

Last edited:
I've got to do other things, at this time of year, even when I'm having a bout of insomnia. Tonight, I've been prepping for what should, hopefully, be the last big week of yard/garden work of the summer. Things have fallen about 3 weeks behind because of some non-functioning equipment, so I've got to make that up. Tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers, (japanese) eggplant and the like are going in the ground tomorrow, and so on...

I was just going to say--unless you're like me and actually tried to go to sleep only to be drawn back by checking email/patsfans/social media.

Good luck with the bounty!

I was just going to say--unless you're like me and actually tried to go to sleep only to be drawn back by checking email/patsfans/social media.

I've been a chronic insomniac for most of my life. Late nights are good for having some 'alone time', though, so that part works out for the better.

Good luck with the bounty!

Thanks. I'm trying out a whole bunch of new things this year (first year with extensive container gardening is one of them), so it should be interesting even if it's not successful. I'm planting about 20 different varieties of tomato this year, for example, so taste tests should abound.

saw the pic of the car in the tow yard no way that is a deer good bye

Here's what happened, folks: Spikes awoke from a restless night's sleep at 3 a.m. with worries about making the team this year and figured his only insurance was to out-work everybody. So he made a pact with himself to be in the weight room by 4 a.m. every day (before Brady) and become a physical monster by training camp. He was en route to Gillette when THIS crossed his path:

Elk.jpg

It's a secret CIA experimental project that is only being tested in the dead of night in wooded areas. Apparently, one of them experienced a malfunctioning guidance system and entered the roadway into the path of Spikes' car. Reports of a second car being involved is part of a GOVERNMENT COVERUP approved by R. Stokoe Goodell and Robert Kraft. Poor Spikes likely will be made a scapegoat, and only because of his new-found dedication to the game.

Unfortunately it looks like charges are coming as soon as this AM. Maybe Spikes was not driving the vehicle, but that doesn't matter as much as the health of the three people that were hit.

If the police do point a finger at Spikes, I doubt he'll still be a Patriot long after. I wasn't excited to see him back, but nobody wants it to end like this. He might be dumber than the Big Bang Clock.

Not sure if it is fortunate or unfortunate, however if he was the driver he will face the judge.. if he has a clean driving record and no previous charges they might just give him a fine and accept a plea on a lesser charge..

Without regard do not know if this is a big deal right now, as he might have not even been the driver.. the whole thing is pretty stupid with whoever was involved... a freaking Maybach.. there are about 60 of those sold in the US annually..

His history with the Pats might be about 50 - 50.... stay tuned.

There goes picks in rounds 2 & 3 next year ...

Seriously if it's Spikes he's gone ...

unfortunately nothing good happens after 1 am, some take too long to learn that.

A lot of good things happen to me after 1am ;)

Yes... the inability to mind one's business combined with the inability to learn from seeing so many wrong conclusions jumped to in the past.

If ESPN were reporting in the manner of so many here, people would have the pitchforks out.
So you are saying Mort Anderson has more credibility than board members? :)

Spikes should hire Ted Wells, maybe he can get him out of this jam.

LINZ3Ua.jpg

Literally from the Mercedes site. Come on man.

Literally...............but not really.

saw the pic of the car in the tow yard no way that is a deer good bye
Okay, folks, I used to work in insurance claims. That could absolutely be a deer hit. I'm not saying that's what happened, but a deer can cause damage that extensive.

Okay, folks, I used to work in insurance claims. That could absolutely be a deer hit. I'm not saying that's what happened, but a deer can cause damage that extensive.

A deer can really crumple the hood and all that. No doubt. But that car was abandoned after an accident. A hit and run happened at the same time in the same area. Those are unlikely coincidences.

A deer can really crumple the hood and all that. No doubt. But that car was abandoned after an accident. A hit and run happened at the same time in the same area. Those are unlikely coincidences.
Agreed. But I saw people do stupid stuff all the time, and the abandoning of the car means nothing, either.

Here's what happened, folks: Spikes awoke from a restless night's sleep at 3 a.m. with worries about making the team this year and figured his only insurance was to out-work everybody. So he made a pact with himself to be in the weight room by 4 a.m. every day (before Brady) and become a physical monster by training camp. He was en route to Gillette when THIS crossed his path:

View attachment 9483

It's a secret CIA experimental project that is only being tested in the dead of night in wooded areas. Apparently, one of them experienced a malfunctioning guidance system and entered the roadway into the path of Spikes' car. Reports of a second car being involved is part of a GOVERNMENT COVERUP approved by R. Stokoe Goodell and Robert Kraft. Poor Spikes likely will be made a scapegoat, and only because of his new-found dedication to the game.

Wasn't a deer, it was a dog, and it wasn't CIA, it was military...

I don't think the damage lines up in the above photos ... I'm no expert either.

Or could have been one of these guys...

Way I heard it, it lifted its leg and sprayed Spikes' car with actuator fluid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back