PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Goodell Ban Jay Glazer From NFL facilities Until he Confesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what difference it would make. Glazer would say fcuk off, and Fox would put him on the baseball beat and shift someone else to football. With all the hundreds of millions Fox is paying the NFL for broadcast rights, do you think the Commish would seriously sanction Fox?

I think this Commissioner would try to sanction God.

Of course Goodell could ban him.

As for Glazer giving up his source, of course he doesn't have to. That doesn't mean he shouldn't suffer the consequences of that choice, though.

Belichick doesn't have to discuss anything with the press. This past week he suffered the consequence of that when the media mounted a witch-hunt. He then chose to not discuss any of the fallout with the media, which he will no doubt suffer the consequences of in the future.

(I loved Dr. Z or SI being so upset because Belichick refused to discuss it, saying he should have to come clean blah blah blah. He totally ignored the fact that Belichick only had to come clean to the one person who actually matters, Goodell. The media can't deal with it when things aren't about them.)

Sometimes one choice you make for your job affects other aspects of it. Glazer chose to come forward with the tape, and if he chooses to keep the source of the tape secret he deserves the consequences.

Glazer had every right to use the tape once it got into his hands. HOWEVER, if the NFL called him and said "you were to suppose to get that tape and we want it back", than the NFL can & should bar him for NFL facilities.

But the problem is not his using the tape, the problem is someone gave it to him. I still don't hear the NFL office say that they will impose harsh penalties on whoever gave outhe tape.

They are using the Patriots as an example by imposing harsh penalties. They should do the same to the person who let the tape out. They won't have to hire Columbo to find this out if they want to.

As an employee of FOX Sports, The NFL would actually find it very difficult if not impossible to ban Glazer from NFL facilities -- especially NFC ones.

Furthermore, if they tried to do so, he could sue them for preventing him from practicing his profession, and win.

Finally, the NFL would never, ever risk showing such abject contempt for a free press as to do something like that. The league execs know better than to bite the hand that covers them.

This wasn't an inaccurate article with false sources. It was a scoop. A tape. No ambiguity. This is the NFL's fault.

Greg Easterbrook, however, is blackballed from here on out in my book.

You should have blackballed him a long time ago, on account of the fact that he's an idiot without even the most basic understanding of statistics, and he quotes them endlessly to make himself sound smart despite his total ignorance of the subject matter.

If Curran's right about this, aren't the jets in at least a LITTLE bit of trouble?

Why on earth would the NFL agree to make the Jets a copy?

That makes me more angry than any leak.

There's not enough hard reporting on this -- too much innuendo and speculation.

I suppose the argument could have been to the NFL that if they were "victims" of an illegal tape, they should have been given a copy so they knew what the Patriots knew. That's not a crazy argument to make, but if that's what they did, and then they leaked it, they should be hammered by the commish.

That said, at the end of the day, I'm glad the tape leaked. I work with a number of people who don't give a crap about the patriots. No single thing in this whole story has changed the opinion of regular folks I talk to than the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News