PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cameron Fleming added to the 53-man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, a new era has begun, Fleming will be our right tackle for the next 10 years. Vollmer will upgrade the left tackle position and BB will have a decision to make next year.

I guess those are rosie colored glasses.:D

I would like to see an different IR system. Kinda like the NHL.

IR-if placed on IR must be out 7 days in the NHL.

Long Term IR-24 days no activity and must sit out at min 10 NHL games.

So here is what I would do for NFL.

Short Term IR- miss 2 games and a week of practice. If not activated to 53 by 4th game must be moved to Long Term IR or season ending IR.

Long term IR-miss 8 games and 6 weeks of practice. If not activated to 53 by 10th game. Must be placed on seasoning ending IR.

Seasoning ending IR. Out for year with no return.

And in order to not abuse the system a player can not be placed on either one more than once per season.

So who was let go?

Short Term IR- miss 2 games and a week of practice. If not activated to 53 by 4th game must be moved to Long Term IR or season ending IR.

Long term IR-miss 8 games and 6 weeks of practice. If not activated to 53 by 10th game. Must be placed on seasoning ending IR.

And in order to not abuse the system a player can not be placed on either one more than once per season.

Good thing JD Drew or Clay Buccholtz didn't play in the NFL;)

There are 2 options in my opinion, do a short term IR program (able to return after 3-4 games, or increase roster sizes to 58-60 players so teams can just keep these players active.

BB the GM gets some unnecessary grief here... People hate Solder, people hate Cannon, people hate Kline...

When Solder was out a few years back, Mankins and Kline were brilliant protecting the left side. When Vollmer missed time, Cannon was a more than able replacement on the right. While I wish Solder was with the team until the end of the season, the Vollmer/Cannon/Flemming tackle situation will hold up. They don't need to be perfect, because Brady is smart and had a quick trigger.

BB the GM gets some unnecessary grief here... People hate Solder, people hate Cannon, people hate Kline...

When Solder was out a few years back, Mankins and Kline were brilliant protecting the left side. When Vollmer missed time, Cannon was a more than able replacement on the right. While I wish Solder was with the team until the end of the season, the Vollmer/Cannon/Flemming tackle situation will hold up. They don't need to be perfect, because Brady is smart and had a quick trigger.

I agree. It's BB the coach that deserves a little criticism here.

Moving Cannon to G without an off-season to train and play it at a competent level was unwise. Reiss said it this morning how the coaching staff needed to rebuild his confidence because he was so messed up. Seems like hes back to where he was in 2013 which IMO was pretty good.

Forget about the crap analysis from PFF but Cannon has been credited with just 1 sack allowed in his 454 career snaps at tackle.

Patriots: Cannon signed to an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore