PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s comments after the game - “we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it”

BB has gone senile too.

Expect him to come out and have Cams back. Im scared that Beleichick will offer Cam a new contract.
Yep ... Belichick likes the $5 foot long rather than the $8 foot and a half ... yikes ...
but I will still take the Lombardi's and declare my own ignorance on it all.
I mean who hear would have bet the house on Ron Jeremy in the late 70's ... what the frig do we really know?

Yet one thing I absolutely know is watching Cam throw the ball is painful ... it really is.

Back in Sept we had multiple posters on this board stating that Cam should get $25M or more in 2021. o_O
Not excusing his play or anything, but before he got hit with Covid the season looked promising with him under center

I think Cam is talking about Harry & the TE’s. But he isn’t really in position to talk.

I don't see why he would be saying anything negative about the rookie TEs who have both lost more games to injury this year than anything else.

Harry on the other hand...

To be fair, this wasn't Tom Brady's trainer who Tom worked with every day. Harry's "trainer" is a guy he trains with in the off season with a number of other nfl players. While he may be acting as Harry's mouthpiece, all it takes is to watch one game and see that the problem is Cam, not the wide receivers. The wide receivers may suck, but if the best pass Harry gets from Cam all day is the one that bounces to him, it is kind of tough to judge. The second best pass is one is a cannon thrown high and behind Harry. Cam sucks, he sucks he sucks at throwing. He has no touch, takes forever to wind up, forever to release and can't read defenses. Other than that he is fine.

Not excusing his play or anything, but before he got hit with Covid the season looked promising with him under center

There was a reason nobody wanted to trade for Cam, and Carolina was forced to cut him and a reason he sat for a long time on the market before BB paid pennies for him.

We got what we paid for.

There was a reason nobody wanted to trade for Cam, and Carolina was forced to cut him and a reason he sat for a long time on the market before BB paid pennies for him.

We got what we paid for.
Well we could have gave Brady a contract. Unfortunately blame the team for not having a negotiation with him and then getting stuck with Stidham until Bill couldn't handle that idea anymore and went for Cam.

People can complain but at the end of the day we had a QB who there would have been no excuses about that position with and we didn't. They didn't want to pay anybody

There were cracks in his play before COVID....
He had issues, but he definitley took a decline after Covid. He was surprising in the Miami game when he made some big passes buy Bill had some designed runs for him implemented. Then he was balling vs Seattle. Oakland was an okay game. But after Covid the bad started outweighing the good.

That said, this board is completely unrealistic on what they think they can get a QB for. Jacoby Brissett got 15 million a year for two years with 20 million guaranteed just to be a space filler when Luck left and he has never shown any ability to be a starter. Some people here think we will be able to negotiate a bargain for Stafford. Phillip Rivers looked like actual garbage like he was done last year and he got a $25 million dollar contract at the age of 38.

A free agent QB is not coming cheap. Not one worth anything. Before he got Covid, 25 million would have seemed reasonable. It would be have been about as team friendly as you could have gotten for what he showed up to that point. Now he played like trash since, so his value tanked. That's different. At the time it looked good, so critcizing people for what they saw at the time (when the same people wanting to bench him now were screaming that his two back ups cost us in KC and that he would have won) is more of a hindsight thing.

But people do have to reckon with the fact that QB contracts are inflated.

Cam needs to be quiet.
Disagree. He has nothing to lose. He's not going to be here next year and if he by some chance is he's going to be fighting for his life to not get replaced by a new rookie or free agent. I'd rather he called out the problems here than let a delusion fester that this is some good team if not for the QB. This is a team that looked like hot garbage last year as soon as we faced a real opponent and once AB/Gordon were gone and Edelman got banged up, people were blaming Brady saying he was washed and saying he didn't give enough attention to the garbage we were asking him to throw to. I'd rather a spotlight be put on all that so we stop wasting time across the board looking for quick fixes.

Sadly I really think this team is going to need to hit rock bottom for some people to accept what has happened.

Disagree. He has nothing to lose. He's not going to be here next year and if he by some chance is he's going to be fighting for his life to not get replaced by a new rookie or free agent. I'd rather he called out the problems here than let a delusion fester that this is some good team if not for the QB. This is a team that looked like hot garbage last year as soon as we faced a real opponent and once AB/Gordon were gone and Edelman got banged up, people were blaming Brady saying he was washed and saying he didn't give enough attention to the garbage we were asking him to throw to. I'd rather a spotlight be put on all that so we stop wasting time across the board looking for quick fixes.

Sadly I really think this team is going to need to hit rock bottom for some people to accept what has happened.
So Cam is qualified to call out the problems of this team? Really? We think he, "Gets it"?

If Cam was Brady, Bird, LeBron, Magic, Michael, etc then ok. Call out teammates to your heart's content....

Problem here is he's not. Hes a QB who has sucked ass all year.

Hes completely unqualified to even make the statement.

Yet one thing I absolutely know is watching Cam throw the ball is painful ... it really is.
Fortunately most fans here never saw Patriots QB Joe Kapp attempt to throw a football.
His passes literally tumbled en route to the ground. MIT aerospace engineers were unable to explain the aerodynamics.
Butch Songin threw about the same way as Cam.

So Cam is qualified to call out the problems of this team? Really? We think he, "Gets it"?

If Cam was Brady, Bird, LeBron, Magic, Michael, etc then ok. Call out teammates to your heart's content....

Problem here is he's not. Hes a QB who has sucked ass all year.

Hes completely unqualified to even make the statement.
Yeah he is a 10 year vet who won an MVP, led a team to a SB and has been a top 10 player at his position multiple times in his career. Only Gilmore and Hightower and McCourty have more credibility when addressing younger talent on this team. So yeah he does in fact know enough to identify where some mishaps are.

And the fact that he was injured and missed the end of 2018 and all of 2019 and came back a shell of former self does not mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's very qualified to make the statement.

This isn't even anything new. We knew these issues existed last year. The last QB was pouting on the sidelines every game and iced out some of these players and then said "screw you guys I'm going where they have real talent". Cam at least tried to work with Harry and defended him from critcisim early in the season. Now Harry's trainer knowing his client has a reputation for being a bust is looking to point fingers? Okay

Yep ... Belichick likes the $5 foot long rather than the $8 foot and a half ... yikes ...
but I will still take the Lombardi's and declare my own ignorance on it all.
I mean who hear would have bet the house on Ron Jeremy in the late 70's ... what the frig do we really know?

It's like he's throwing shotput in the Olympics... seems like it takes maximum effort to heave that thing.

Cam Newton 2015-2016 MVP Highlights - YouTube

0:38

Cam's absolutely right about that. If this is the best he can do then hopefully we don't.

Yeah he is a 10 year vet who won an MVP, led a team to a SB and has been a top 10 player at his position multiple times in his career. Only Gilmore and Hightower and McCourty have more credibility when addressing younger talent on this team. So yeah he does in fact know enough to identify where some mishaps are.

And the fact that he was injured and missed the end of 2018 and all of 2019 and came back a shell of former self does not mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's very qualified to make the statement.

This isn't even anything new. We knew these issues existed last year. The last QB was pouting on the sidelines every game and iced out some of these players and then said "screw you guys I'm going where they have real talent". Cam at least tried to work with Harry and defended him from critcisim early in the season. Now Harry's trainer knowing his client has a reputation for being a bust is looking to point fingers? Okay
Cam has been a Patriot for 6 months and has sucked here. Zero credibility.

Players ONLY get to call out teammates when they a) perform and b) have demonstrated the ability to win

Cam is 0-2 in those respective categories here.

You know for certain he's talking about Harry or are you making assumptions?

Cam has been a Patriot for 6 months and has sucked here. Zero credibility.

Players ONLY get to call out teammates when they a) perform and b) have demonstrated the ability to win

Cam is 0-2 in those respective categories here.

You know for certain he's talking about Harry or are you making assumptions?
Things don’t exist in a vacuum. Half these players were in college or high school watching Cam tear it up. He has credibility to them. They know he’s not some nobody and being called out by a guy who has been regarded as one of the top QB’s last decades counts for something

I am assuming on Harry. But if he’s not he should be

Things don’t exist in a vacuum. Half these players were in college or high school watching Cam tear it up. He has credibility to them. They know he’s not some nobody and being called out by a guy who has been regarded as one of the top QB’s last decades counts for something

Privately sure. But Cam shouldn't be throwing anyone under the bus publicly after the season he had tbh.

We'll disagree here. I think they see Cam as a decent guy who is playing poorly and not leading the team to victories.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back