PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s comments after the game - “we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it”

That quote alone should put him on the bench. A yikes comment coming from a starting QB
The follow -up question is, "What pressures are you referring to, Cam?"

I don't want to overreact but that comment at face value is certainly is a head-turner.

It implies he can't handle it.

The follow -up question is, "What pressures are you referring to, Cam?"

I don't want to overreact but that comment at face value is certainly is a head-turner.

It implies he can't handle it.
Cam: well in New England there is this football internet message board and boy do they not like me

Inspiring comment from Cam. Can't say I'm surprised now that things aren't going well for him we're getting some head turning comments.

When you're playing as poorly for a team as he is, your terrible QB play speaks for itself. The last thing he should be doing Is opening his mouth and making it worse.

Inspiring comment from Cam. Can't say I'm surprised now that things aren't going well for him we're getting some head turning comments.

When you're playing as poorly for a team as he is, your terrible QB play speaks for itself. The last thing he should be doing Is opening his mouth and making it worse.
Saying he isn't used to the pressure playing here after being here 6 months,14 games and basically the worst passer in the NFL is a really, really bad look.

Cam is just awful. Im sorry. He has ZERO instinct or touch as a passer. I think he has a really unique skillset as RPO guy, but do you really want a 30-something year old QB running an option offense? I'd be open to him as a change-of-pace type option similar to how NO use Hill..

Another example of his passing ineptitude.. there was one pass to one of the Rookie TE's (Cant remember which - I dont even care to know their numbers until they catch a few passes)... He was wide open the flat and Cam threw an absolute heater as fast as he could. it was 1000% catchable just above the guys head but with any type of touch it could have been a huge gain.

There are dozens of these example every game. Ball in the dirt, ball at the feet, ball behind the the receiver instead of leaving, batted at line, too fast, no arch etc..

Saying he isn't used to the pressure playing here after being here 6 months,14 games and basically the worst passer in the NFL is a really, really bad look.
He's said the right things this year, taken responsibility, protected his teammates, been a leader... and I think he just undid it all with this one quote.

If I'm Bill and I heard this, I hand him his walking papers right now. Not cut out to be the QB of this football team.

In the quote below, Whitfield is Harry's trainer.

“We’ve got a new quarterback. We’ve got to put some of that (expletive) on Cam,” Whitfield said. “Cam hasn’t been the most accurate this year. Like if (N’Keal) had Tom Brady, Tom Brady would’ve fed him. But we’re back there with Cam and Cam’s getting acclimated to the offense, too.”
Whitfield added: “It’s a big deal coming from Tom Brady to Cam Newton. … That’s one of Cam Newton’s biggest issues is mechanics.”
that trainer is an idiot. Tom Brady only threw to Edelman and the RBs. He never trusted Harry or Meyers so not sure what this guy is talking about.

Cam Newton is “not used to the pressures of being a Patriots player” (usatoday.com)

“We are depending on a lot of people who are not used to the pressures of being a New England Patriots player,” Newton said. “And honestly, if I am being honest and candid, I am one of those players.”

Oof. Our starting QB folks. He's really making an argument to be sent packing.
I wonder who the other players are that he is talking about. Only guys I can think of would be the young guys, maybe Byrd? Either way, very disappointing. Now you’ve gotta weed those guys out as soon as possible. When you’re losing is when this type of shot really starts to come out. In less than 24 hrs he’s talked about guys that just don’t get it, and guys that just can’t take it. Oof indeed.

Scam Newton should not take even one more ****ing snap as QB of the NEP.

He just posted something in his weird hieroglyphic font about wanting to be part of the future here and not living up to the standard. I wonder if he’s getting benched this week.

Just when you think the season reached its nadir, Cam needlessly opens up his mouth sending it lower.
I liked the old days when Pats weren't doing well nobody had anything to say.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back