Callahan responds to Borges' "Hard times"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=158241

Maybe if Jerricho Cotchery’s knee touches the turf or if Jonathan Vilma’s hand doesn’t touch the late field goal attempt, it is a different story today. Maybe if the Jets don’t ride a couple of fluky plays back into Sunday’s game, no one is talking about the “hard times for the Patriots,†as one local scribe put it, or “franchise rot†in New England, as a New York newspaper called it.

.... In the NFL, hard times are a relative thing, it seems.

And no one knows this better than the once-woebe-gone citizens of Patriots Nation. You know when two wins does qualify as hard times? When they’re all you’ve got at the end of the year. Three times the Patriots have won a grand total of two games, and once, with the sadly overmatched Rod Rust at the helm in 1990, they finished with 14 straight losses and a 1-15 record. Now that’s franchise rot.

-------
The Borges and Tanguays of the world tell us their being "objective" even though people, including others in the media, continue to shoot them down.

Maybe they will get into a fist fight, wait a minute Borges only goes after defenseless old men with canes...

Bump....

this was an excellent article... just want to make sure everyone knows about it.

refreshing change to Wrong Borges

Excellent column. I'm not a big Callahan fan, his unneccessary injection of politics, negativity, etc. but it would be great to see him and Borges duke it out. Ronny Boy has been bloviating unchallenged by his colleagues for too long. Someone needs to play Murrow to his McCarthy.

I absolutely cannot stand Callahan, but this piece was right on the money.

Oh, and I even heard Felger compliment the pats recently. Could the media be starting to sway in opinion?

Bump,

If you haven't read this article, you need to.

It should be required reading!

Thank you for posting this. It is such a relief to someone in the media calling some of these morons on their ridiculous exaggerations and plain idiocy. When it's just us here, you start to feel like you're going a little crazy, like, "Are we the only ones who see how absolutely stupid those statements are?"

"The only concern going into the season was that Daunte Culpepper would put the Dolphins over the top,"

Daunte looks to be putting the Dolphin fans "over the edge".....not quite the same thing....

shmessy said:
Excellent column. I'm not a big Callahan fan, his unneccessary injection of politics, negativity, etc. but it would be great to see him and Borges duke it out. Ronny Boy has been bloviating unchallenged by his colleagues for too long. Someone needs to play Murrow to his McCarthy.
McCarthy was right, thankfully Borges rarely achieves such a state of annoyance.

PatsRI said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=158241

Maybe if Jerricho Cotchery’s knee touches the turf or if Jonathan Vilma’s hand doesn’t touch the late field goal attempt, it is a different story today. Maybe if the Jets don’t ride a couple of fluky plays back into Sunday’s game, no one is talking about the “hard times for the Patriots,†as one local scribe put it, or “franchise rot†in New England, as a New York newspaper called it.

.... In the NFL, hard times are a relative thing, it seems.
Ah, how spoiled we have become that a 2-0 start where we won "only" by a combined 9 points over divisional rivals (one game on the road) can be considered "hard times".

Stupendous article. Glad to hear something positive from the otherwise "glass half empty" media.

How could everyone have proclaimed the Phins as the next 49ers? They are 0-2 which is one of the WORST STARTS EVER for their franchise.

The team on the rise is the Ravens who I named before the season started.

How bout Rothslesomething last night? Starting where he left off last season.

I didn't read the Bogus story; I don't read any football pieces with his byline. I can imagine what he wrote, however.

On the other hand, I enjoy reading Gerry Callahan; I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his opinions are spot-on with me. Even the piece he wrote last week, about the lack of quality WRs, I found to be fair and balanced.

I understand that we're preaching to the choir here, but here's a note to the anti-Patriots in the press: the Patriots completely, utterly dominated the poor jest. Just look at the final, clock-killin' drive when the jest had all the momentum. "Hard times"? Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes